aberdeen-music

Your last great musical rediscovery...

diarmaid

• 3 weeks later...
Heard the new Pennywise record, the one with the chap from Ignite instead of Jim?

I was never that big on Pennywise, but the new record is totally boss. The new vocalist totally kills it. Jim's vocals always seemed a bit tame for how fast the music was.

Yeah, kinda like Jim was always dragging back the speed of the songs as well with his delivery. Not heard the new one yet though, will have to give it a spin.

I agree, especially as he got older. Land of The Free? onwards was quite poor, I thought. Full Circle is pretty raging.

New one is good though. I listened to it expecting to totally hate it, but I was rocking out. I felt like I wanted to go skateboarding down huge flights of steps. Rad.

I agree, especially as he got older. Land of The Free? onwards was quite poor, I thought. Full Circle is pretty raging.

New one is good though. I listened to it expecting to totally hate it, but I was rocking out. I felt like I wanted to go skateboarding down huge flights of steps. Rad.

I quite like Land of the Free (it was that i was listening to today), but anything after was just a bit tame (kinda like Bad Religion are now as well really).

Americana is a total gangster of an album. Such mad riffs for a punk band. I got it on cassette when I was 12 years old, played the shit out of it until it broke, then bought the CD years later and played the shit out of it until that broke too. Pay the Man is a song I can put on at any time on any day and enjoy. See that bit where the Eastern-sounding section subsides and that ridiculous, gargantuan riff kicks in? Outrageous. It's the best song. Still love Americana and Have You Ever too.

Smash and Ixnay were bangers too. I'd completely forgotten how many stonking tunes The Offspring had. Thanks, thread.

my own ropey poorly recorded badly sung tunes bashed out with a synth, drum machine and whatever I could find to bang on from the early 90's... been cleaning them up (although some of these turds are literally impossible to polish!) and sticking them on the laptop.

• 2 weeks later...