aberdeen-music

Your last great musical rediscovery...

diarmaid

• 3 weeks later...

The Walkmen.

Was probably not alone in discovering them via ace-ic song 'The Rat', bought the 'Bows and Arrows' album, backtracked to the debut and have got around to buying all their other albums at some point, although in some instances it had passed me by that they had released a new one...just got round to picking up 'Heaven' and subsequently bunged their back catalogue on my Shuffle for the commute, great band...

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Following on from SYSTEM, the teen angst continued. I've been listening to TOOL all afternoon. Bedroom remained untidy. Parents just don't understand, man.

Adam Jones is a riff machine. I haven't listened to 10,000 days for years. He doesn't let you have the riff right away. Not yet. You don't deserve it. You have to earn it. They build up and build up, make you think the riff is coming. Pure cocktease. Then TWAT! Riff like a traction engine. Fuuuuuu.

• 2 months later...

Radiohead.kida.albumart.jpg

For years I wrote this album off. It's always disappointed me, as the follow up to one of my favourite albums of all time, I was so excited for it. Then when I bought it I thought it was experimental pish with no hooks and I never ever got into it. I listened to it a lot and just never got into it. Then today I put it on with fresh ears, listened to it as a piece of work in it's own right and not the follow up to OK Computer, and it just clicked. It's an amazing album. Now I may have to give Amnesiac another go....

Radiohead.kida.albumart.jpg

For years I wrote this album off. It's always disappointed me, as the follow up to one of my favourite albums of all time, I was so excited for it. Then when I bought it I thought it was experimental pish with no hooks and I never ever got into it. I listened to it a lot and just never got into it. Then today I put it on with fresh ears, listened to it as a piece of work in it's own right and not the follow up to OK Computer, and it just clicked. It's an amazing album. Now I may have to give Amnesiac another go....

Favourite album ever  :love:

If you like OK Computer and Kid A I don't see any reason why you shouldn't like Amnesiac. It has some of my favourite Radiohead songs on it actually, although as an album it is let down by a couple of duds. It could have matched Kid A if those weaker tracks had been replaced by a couple of the amazing b-sides they had for the amnesiac singles.

or 

Edited by Paranoid Android

• 3 years later...

Bolt Thrower. Always Bolt Thrower. I listen to them about twice a year and always think "Why don't I listen to Bolt Thrower every day?"

I don't even care for death metal all that much, but there's something about BT's simplistic songs that totally do it for me. And lyrics about the first world war wrapped up in Warhammer metaphors. Nerdy as fuck.

The IVth Crusade is a pure banger. There's some crushing SLUDGE moments throughout. Belting sleeve too:

Bolt-Thrower-The-IVth-Crusade.jpg

Edited by Soda van Jerk