aberdeen-music

Your last great musical rediscovery...

diarmaid

Nirvana. Fucking great. All albums. Could never stand Smells Like Teen Spirit and the whole grunge scene, smellies, baggy jeans greasy curtain hair and flannels and Kurt Cobain...but am really fucking liking their music now...

Sounds like you sold out.

Presidents of the United States of America - Self titled.

Love this CD, hadn't heard it for an age. Going to go dig out all their other albums now.

I just bought this 2nd hand recently, ace album. My 4 year old son became obsessed by 'Lump' and 'Peaches' and insisted they were played in the house for ages.

I also concur that FLC's first album is the biz, had a blast in the car recently, still great. 2nd one was OK too but then they went way downhill. Good live band at that time as well, saw them a few times.

I've just been blitzing all the Dead Kenndys albums. Still my favourite American punk band, far superior to Black Flag IMO who seem to be the more revered.

Pigeonhed.

Band on Sub Pop with a singer who sounds like Prince. They did the original of 'Battleflag' that Lo-Fidelity Allstars sampled. I kind of like the LFA version better truth be told...

"Get down awn yo muthafukin kneeez..."

Yeah, that version was ace, some of their album has stood up well, Kool Roc Bass particularly, it is a micro-genre template all of its own.