aberdeen-music

Restaurant / Takeaway review thread

Lemonade

It's very over priced, but the proportion of noodle to meat/vegetables seemed bang on. But it's an expensive basic stir fry. I probably won't go back.

It is expensive (next time I'm buying a bottle of juice to accompany my noodles from a newsagent) but they really pack those boxes full.  I had a medium box and could barely finish it.  I'd go back again for a quick lunch and just get a small box I reckon.

• 1 year later...

Just Food Story. Also, check out Bite Me Bistro if you're just after something on the go - they do kick ass veg fajitas and salads and stuff.

Las Iguanas also has a pretty big Vegan menu, which is really cool!

xx

The missus is a big fan of Food Story, I've not been though. Las Iguanas is very good for veggie and vegan food.

One of my friends checked in recently in Chao Phraya, is that open again?

Hmm, I don't think so. However, the chain Chao Phraya are allegedly going to be opening a restaurant in the Monkey House.

Oh, and the new Thai place in Union Square does some Vegan stuff too - when I asked the waiting staff they said that they can do pretty much anything as a veggie/vegan option if you ask for it.

xx

Thai Khun is great too! I knew that some of their dishes could be made veggie/vegan, not all of them. We've actually had a tough time getting a table recently, it's always super busy.

I was really impressed with the service at Hey Brazil - my wee sis has food allergies (wheat, yeast, gluten, dairy) so we weren't expecting her to be able to eat much other than the steak.

One of the chefs took her to the salad bar to list all the ingredients in the sides (the courgette salad is lovely), and made sure all the serving staff knew not to offer her things like the sausages. She thought it was ace not having to keep repeating herself to everyone.

We all really enjoyed our visit, and the food was delicious. We were all in a meat-coma afterwards. The boys braved the chicken hearts, but only one would recommend it haha.

I hadn't been to Tropierco (sp?), but apparently you did have quite a wait for them to come round with the meat dishes. This certainly wasn't the case at Hey Brazil, and it was pretty busy.

Hey Brazil's closed, isn't it?