aberdeen-music

Restaurant / Takeaway review thread

Lemonade

Anyone been to Mi Amore?

It looks quite nice and relatively well priced.

It's for Valentine's day and as much as it's nice to go somewhere nice, at the same time, me and the missus want to feel relaxed. Is it fucking gladrags material or is it casual? Also, I have no idea how to pronounce half of that menu, but it looks nice. Will I get looked down upon by snooty waiters for going "Ummm, that one please" as I point at words?

I went there today for lunch and it was lovely. Lunch menu is £7.95 for two courses. I had bruschetta for a starter which was just one piece and pretty small, but it tasted good and I'd already started to fill myself up with the free bread and olives and whatnot before. My main was a very decent size, though, and pretty delicious too. Will definitely be going there again. I love places that do lunch deals on the weekend.

It was pretty casual, and the staff were really nice and friendly. It seems like it'd be the ideal place to go for Valentine's day, Jake, if you want to feel at ease, although I'm too sure if they're one of those places that'd ramp up the prices for Valentine's meals.

Plans have changed. But nice to know that it is quite nice, cheers.

I got a takeaway from T2 in torry the other night. Set meal for 2 was 16 quid odds. You got 2 curries out of a choice of 2. I went for a bhuna, she went korma. You got a portion of pretty multicoloured pilau rice each, a massive naan that was bigger than a plate and 2 big massive onion bahjis. We stuck chicken pakoras on the order too. Just under £20 quid and we couldn't finish it. And it was delicious. Pretty quick delivery too. Would definitely reccomend.

Went to Number 1 in Edinburgh last weekend.

6 course tasting menu paired with wine. It was fantastic. The wife and I looked so out of place. But the staff addressed you by name, we got chocolates because they knew it was our aniversary.

6 glasses of wine, and one was champage and another was sherry - I was ruined. We got a runthrough of the wine and why it was complimentary of the meal too.

I have a photo of the pudding on my phone - but can't upload it on IE at work, as the java is out of date.

Anyone been to Mi Amore?

It looks quite nice and relatively well priced.

It's for Valentine's day and as much as it's nice to go somewhere nice, at the same time, me and the missus want to feel relaxed. Is it fucking gladrags material or is it casual? Also, I have no idea how to pronounce half of that menu, but it looks nice. Will I get looked down upon by snooty waiters for going "Ummm, that one please" as I point at words?

Mi Amore is excellent !

Rusticos is also excellent...

Wagamama's is good considering its in Union Square...

But do avoid Yo Sushi.... there are some seriously awful hygene issues in that place... although the other Yo Sushi's I have visited were OK.

Blue Moon Takeaway

Suited me and the girlfriend, as she's a vegetarian and they do Quorn curries. I had a lamb bhuna, she had a Quorn patia, 2 naan breads, a rice and a vegetable pakora - all for £23. Food was great, and there was heaps of it. Only complaint I had was the time it took - 55 minutes from placing order.

8/10

Blue Moon Takeaway

Suited me and the girlfriend, as she's a vegetarian and they do Quorn curries. I had a lamb bhuna, she had a Quorn patia, 2 naan breads, a rice and a vegetable pakora - all for £23. Food was great, and there was heaps of it. Only complaint I had was the time it took - 55 minutes from placing order.

8/10

Surely most curry houses have plenty of veggie options without resorting to sticking Quorn in things? Or is the curry houses are great veggies thing a myth?

When Del was visiting we decided to go for a Nazma, what a mistake that turned out to be, food was still great but they've hugely ramped their prices, and it wasnt the cheapest anyway. For all of us to have a starter, main course and rice or bread, it cost £57, that's a takeaway and including a vegetarian dish (as they're normally much cheaper), love their food but won't be going there often at that price !

When Del was visiting we decided to go for a Nazma, what a mistake that turned out to be, food was still great but they've hugely ramped their prices, and it wasnt the cheapest anyway. For all of us to have a starter, main course and rice or bread, it cost £57, that's a takeaway and including a vegetarian dish (as they're normally much cheaper), love their food but won't be going there often at that price !

My boyfriend and I recently found this out too, much to our disappointment. We used to be able to get onion bhajis, poppadoms, naan bread, two curries and two portions of rice for £20. I'm going to the restaurant soon for my dad's birthday, I'll be glad I'm not paying.

Anyone else know of a nice, relatively cheap Indian takeaway for us to fill the void Nazma has left?