aberdeen-music

Wanted - Repair for Boss Distortion Pedal

Project-6

My Boss distortion pedal started cutting out when i went to step on it ie not changing from clean to distortion, and now it doesn't work at all :down:

Anyone able to or know anyone who is good at fixing such problems ?(

yeah I can fix Boss pedals, Might just be as simple as a broken switch. What one is it? I can have a look for you if you want

it may be really simple - try if the battery connections are tight.

They loosen a bit over time and sometimes get intermittent, siince the battery is just under the footswitch that may happen when you step on it.

Just use small pliers to make the round clip that goes over the battery + pole a little bit tighter. Worth a try before you open it up.

Boss pedals can usually handle a fair degree of abuse before something brakes. Have you been a bit heavy footed at all?

First step would be undoing the screw that holds the moving pedal part out and having a eye over the switch. Is anything damaged? Is the switch touching the metal moving plate you stand on? Is any thing loose? Try the switch with your finger, press down firmly and if nothing happens, next step is opening up the pedal.

If the pedal acts normally (ie no buzzing or strange noises) when plugged in and simply isnt switching. Its probably the switch. Might be a bad solder joint coming loose but thats highly unlikely.

I sold all my boss pedals so I dont have one to open up and tell you what to do. But theres sites with Boss pedal mods and im sure there will be a guide there.

An electrical shop would be able to repair it for less than a tenner. A fiver even if the guy liked you.

Replied to your PM :up:

Sometimes the components in a pedal can just go like that for any number of reasons. Does the pedal LED light up? Switches in Boss pedals are quite flimsy and do weaken as they are just cheap plastic rubbish to be honest. Spares are available from a supplier I use (not in UK)

It could be the components though, something might have burned out

They are usually easy pedals to fix and the schematics are easily available

Replied to your PM :up:

Sometimes the components in a pedal can just go like that for any number of reasons. Does the pedal LED light up? Switches in Boss pedals are quite flimsy and do weaken as they are just cheap plastic rubbish to be honest. Spares are available from a supplier I use (not in UK)

It could be the components though, something might have burned out

They are usually easy pedals to fix and the schematics are easily available

PM'd ye back chief

Geez a shout to organise 'the fix'

:gringo:

i can sell you one for 25 ....my gear tech is a closely guarded secret and i would have to kill you if i told you his name......but he would take 25 to have a go at repairing with no guarantees.....his advice was that sometimes things just die.....only an suggestion

i can sell you one for 25 ....my gear tech is a closely guarded secret and i would have to kill you if i told you his name......but he would take 25 to have a go at repairing with no guarantees.....his advice was that sometimes things just die.....only an suggestion

So ye selling me a pedal or ye charging me to have some boy look at it???

Confused.com ?(