aberdeen-music

Combo Amp Recommendations

smithy_freekorps

I've decided to get ride of my Marshall TSL-100 Head and Cab because i'm fed up lugging the Cab about & I only use 1 channel on the head.

I'm look at either a Fender Blues Deluxe or a Hot Rod Deville. Obviously I'll try before I buy but has anybody got a view on these amps or is there something else of similar size I should consider. 1 or 2 speaker is enough, I don't want another monster. Same kind of price as these 2, less than 700, and like I said I only use 1 channel.

Any help or recommendations would be most welcome!

I've decided to get ride of my Marshall TSL-100 Head and Cab because i'm fed up lugging the Cab about & I only use 1 channel on the head.

I'm look at either a Fender Blues Deluxe or a Hot Rod Deville. Obviously I'll try before I buy but has anybody got a view on these amps or is there something else of similar size I should consider. 1 or 2 speaker is enough, I don't want another monster. Same kind of price as these 2, less than 700, and like I said I only use 1 channel.

Any help or recommendations would be most welcome!

Blackstar combos sound really good. Not sure if they are less than 700. Other than that, the new Egnater range is awesome. Look at GuitarGuitar.com. They have the Egnater Combo's from 700ish.

peavy classic, orange rocker, ???? what styles do you play

I play with alot of delay, kind of like U2 or some Coldplay sounds. (We don't sound like them though! I'm just talking guitar sounds) I use the drive/distortion from my GT8, but normally push a little gain from the amp in.

This should give you an idea of the sound.

Free Korps on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Not really thought about peavy amp's, I've had no experence with them.

I could go above 700 for the right amp.

Brendan who was singer in the Fox has a Blues Deluxe and it is awesome, with most of the best RnR tones of the last 50 years, and you could get the rest with a decent pedal, my strat sounded ace through it, and he plays a Martin Electro through it, and it works with that really well.

Also the tweed finish looks well good, if not as nice as a lacquered Bassman.

I'm rather happy with my Fender Super Champ XD. In my opinion there is greater clarity and less mud in the sound than you get with the Peavey Classic 30 anything by Laney or in the current marshall range, although they are good amps also. It really depends what sort of sound you want.

Fender Blues Junior and Blues Deluxe are also nice amps but the sound is a quite differnet from the Super Champ and they are greater price. You really have to try them out yourself.

I've heard good thing about Blackstar amps and Orange Tiny Terror also.

I know many others disagree but but I've always thought a 2x12" combo kind of defeated the point of having a combo (portability). 2x12" will have more bottom end than a 1x12" in the same room but it wont when you put a mic infront of one speaker on a recording or a at a gig.