aberdeen-music

If you could put on a night of local bands from the past...

Lemonade

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phonefreak.

Maple.

Psychedelic Jim's old band who used to play in old Drakes all the time and were amazing.

48K.

The Leap (Including Aberdeen's very own Mr. Mod: Miles "Sweeny bloke" on bass) get an honourable mention along with Lift when they first started and Aberdeen's first and only "Nu - metal band" Red By Choice, if only for their seminal gig at T.K.'s

Bodies would be great. Samat is such a legend.

I remember that 1st gig back when they started playing Wings by Vader. Yas.

Bodies were fucking incredible. I just wish they'd kept going. I well wanted to be the vocalist.

Wishbone. YAS!

Wilson is back in town this week, he's playing a set of his acoustic stuff at Drummonds on Wednesday night.

Aberdeen's first and only "Nu - metal band" Red By Choice, if only for their seminal gig at T.K.'s

Unfortunately we weren't Aberdeen's only Nu Metal band. The amount of fucking awful ones that were traipsing through Lava/Kef at one point was horrific.

That gig was ace though.

Phonefreak.

Maple.

Psychedelic Jim's old band who used to play in old Drakes all the time and were amazing.

48K.

The Leap (Including Aberdeen's very own Mr. Mod: Miles "Sweeny bloke" on bass) get an honourable mention along with Lift when they first started and Aberdeen's first and only "Nu - metal band" Red By Choice, if only for their seminal gig at T.K.'s

Seems I played with The Leap in 1994, but I can't remember who the hell they were.

hc1007small.jpg

Chris, I can't seem to quote and reply, nevermind:

Aberdeen's only Nu Metal band before the whole thing descended into absymlality! Definitely the first "serious" one, though, even though the band only lasted a very short time. Long enough to get a website on the go with MP3's of classics like "Roadkill", though!!! Christ, I think that was before I had a CD burner. Must have been about 10 years ago now?

That gig was just after the whole Slipknot thing kicked off. very much "of it's time" but good times, nevertheless. It was the only time I've seen a fairly full Triple Kirks going mental to a setlist encompassing songs nobody had heard before!

I'm trying to work out who you are, then. I'm an old mate of Chris Wilkie who I know Ian Rose through. I knew Sid "Mushroomhead hat" "from the scene" before we had forums(!) and it was "Pogo" on bass who used to work for Lithium Records / hang about with the Needles. That would make you the other guitarist, then??

Good times

That would make you the other guitarist, then??

Correct. I was the original guitarist during the year or so preceding the gig (getting the lineup sorted, writing the songs, recording the demo) and for the gig at TKs.

I think I still have the demo on tape somewhere. Might have to dig it out for a listen.