aberdeen-music

If you could put on a night of local bands from the past...

Lemonade

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Rose. Guitar at the TK's extraveganza.

The lineup at the TKs gig I played at (Red By Choice's debut which featured crowd surfing and I think at least one bloody nose) was Chris (E106) on drums, Pete (Clocker/WBL/Deadloss) on guitar, me on guitar, Sid (End Of Everything) on vocals, Craig (Sidca) on bass and Mart (Kenadas/Zoidberg/Colonopenbracket) on percussion. No-one called Ian.

After that gig there was a bit of a revolving door policy on the lineup though.

I Stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoes. Could have sworn Ian was there then - I only met him when he joined the band through Chris "Burnside" Wilkie.

Nevermind - that's sorted that one out anyway. 10 years has taken it's toll onm the memory, obviously!

Cheers.

10 years has taken it's toll onm the memory, obviously!

Certainly has, it took me a while to convince myself I was right and there wasn't anyone called Ian in the band!

Guess he was one of my replacements. There was a bit of a revolving door in that band from that gig until it's end a year or two later.

bah. how could I forget the munkie. bah. what a band.

remember the gigs in exodus back in yesteryear, they were great and it worked out right good as a venue. didnt seem to work as well for USAisamonster though :( saying that the GoNorth gigs work well in there with a stage and decent PA.

DeBarros were prety damn great too, went from being a truly awful band to being one of my favourite ones kicking around at the time ( the spangly bastard ep )

Aerial were pretty good although they were pretty weak now. As for Sirius, hmmmm not for me. Trying to remember some of the other dungeon-on-a-thursday-bands? Did always like Kellebeck Butterfly.

• 2 weeks later...

Bragg

Ginger

French Lessons

Aka Ska

At the West End - Peternapper, with Dodo Murray supplying the half tie strippers.

Mind you , I'm tempted to add Life & Soul, just for their version of ...we don't smoke maaraawaanaa' n misscoky:up:

I was going to add Alice Shad, but just remebered their da always moaning about the sound!!

APB was good in the Windmill until John Duthie actually pulled the plug oot the wall. twat!

Clocker were definitely one of the local stalwarts when I was just getting into live music. Nae a bad group at all. Saw them heaps of times as "local support" a la the Needles.

Adam and Ricky from Clocker are playing again. I'm hitting those drums, and Adam Wishes is on bass. Looks like we've finally found a pianist too, thanks to this board. Band called Deportees.

Loved Clocker when I was a youngun. I Like You, A Minor and Subtle were my favourites