aberdeen-music

Floods

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Rain causes roads and homes chaos

Fucking hell! How is this possible? I left my home this morning to go to work (beside the airport), stuck in traffic so drove through Dyce and went round from the caravan park side instead...completely oblivious to the fact that parts of Aberdeen are apprently engulfed in 1m+ of sitting water! The smaller pic below of the drowning Volvo is in Dyce, at the junction of Victoria Road where the Halifax/Bank Of Scotland is.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
It's called rain.

:up:

Yeah and it rains about 300 days a year in this city you fucking mong. This is your explanation as to why cars are being entirely engulfed in rain? Nice one.

• Upvote 1

Yeah and it rains about 300 days a year in this city you fucking mong. This is your explanation as to why cars are being entirely engulfed in rain? Nice one.

Rain in large volumes+shitty drains that probably aren't being cleaned since the council is up to it's nuts in debt=flooding.

Not an entirely hard concept, and not really much need for your little outburst.

:up:

Guest Motleyal
Esslemont Avenue is flooded, there's a Ford Fiesta abandoned in the middle of the road with water up over the wheels. It's pretty funny. How stupid do you have to be to try and drive a Ford Fiesta through 18 inches of water? It's not a fucking Range Rover.

Saw that at 1030. That area is fairly elevated. was quite surprised it had flooded.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Yeah i got emailed a shitload of photos from this morning and the water there was about 5 feet high. I went by for a look after work and it's mostly gone except in one part, where that blue car is. It's still submerged up to the windscreen. Go to the bridge outside the health centre and look down.

That sucks dude, i'd be lost without my car, was it a new one?

3 years old.

Basically, I'd driven through the flooded area without too much trouble from the Hatton of Fintray end, got to the junction with the Newmachar road and the Bobbys told me to turn back as it was badly flooded under the bridge.

So, I about-turned and headed back towards Hatton of Fintray (where I live) and hit the same flood, only THIS time I'm obviously on the other side of the road, which was MUCH deeper. so it was tatties :down:

All this was in the space of less than 5 minutes.

Fortunately, I'm insured fully comp!