aberdeen-music

Healthy Minds Collapse at Tunnels 02/09/09

doug2112

Healthy Minds Collapse (HMC), fae Fife and fresh from their appearances at T in the Park and Wickerman Festival, stopped by Aberdeen last night on their current tour. They had to play to a (typically) disappointing crowd size at Tunnels, but put on a full on blistering and sweaty performance. This was the first time id seen them and they manage to generate an amazingingly vast rock sound for a 3-peice, with the guitar and vocals being complimented spot on by the meaty sounding drums and bass. 8-)

If only there was more bands in Abdn that sound like that! Check them out here before they do it massive!

http://www.myspace.com/healthymindscollapse

Apologies to support bands, who I did not manage to catch. If anyone did, post reviews here.

Doug

Healthy Minds Collapse (HMC), fae Fife and fresh from their appearances at T in the Park and Wickerman Festival, stopped by Aberdeen last night on their current tour. They had to play to a (typically) disappointing crowd size at Tunnels, but put on a full on blistering and sweaty performance. This was the first time id seen them and they manage to generate an amazingingly vast rock sound for a 3-peice, with the guitar and vocals being complimented spot on by the meaty sounding drums and bass. 8-)

If only there was more bands in Abdn that sound like that! Check them out here before they do it massive!

http://www.myspace.com/healthymindscollapse

Apologies to support bands, who I did not manage to catch. If anyone did, post reviews here.

Doug

Heard they were really good, unfortuntely I was working or would have been down.

Wouldnt say that it was "typical" for gigs to be quiet. We (AGP) havent had a quiet gig there for well over a year. Who was promoting this gig?

Working for Tunnels and Drummonds you generally find that with the right promotion and right bands that you get a healthy turnout. Unfortunately with some lesser known shows that wont always happen but then having done UK tours with various bands its the same in every city, not just Tunnels.

Im not just trying to defend the place because I work there but if you get the right promoter, the bands locally that will make the effort to help promote the show etc then you should be okay. Having said that I cant recall seeing any posters, flyers or

posts from bands about that show??

• Upvote 1

Hey min, yeah they were mint!

Aye maybe I was a bit harsh there, its only from my experiences there though. Im not sure who was promoting it. The only reason I noticed they were playing is coz I was checking my band was advertised (for tonight) and a noticed them, ma flatmate kens them cause o the Fife connection so it was luck really. So saying that I have seen the flyers in Cappy Toms since aswell.

Whits best nights to play in aberdeen? Iguess once the students are back things will get busier midweek too.

Hey min, yeah they were mint!

Aye maybe I was a bit harsh there, its only from my experiences there though. Im not sure who was promoting it. The only reason I noticed they were playing is coz I was checking my band was advertised (for tonight) and a noticed them, ma flatmate kens them cause o the Fife connection so it was luck really. So saying that I have seen the flyers in Cappy Toms since aswell.

Whits best nights to play in aberdeen? Iguess once the students are back things will get busier midweek too.

Yeah midweeks can be ropey though again I think if theres enough interest then it dosent matter.

For local bands Id say youre best to limit it to maybe the later part of the week - Wed onwards as Sun/Mon/Tue are generally the quietest.

• 4 weeks later...