aberdeen-music

Your Musical History

Soda Jerk

good thread. horrid memories.

amnesia - guitar. first ever band at school. pure awful indie rock with a shite name and with loads of gash covers. one of those bands with an "official" site that would play at shite venues for an hour or so.

orwell - guitar. 2nd ever band which was during uni days. pure awful indie rock with a shite name and the odd gash version of cover (mission of burma- thats when I reach for my revolver).

Morse code is four amateurs - Guitar. A 2 piece band whilst I lived in glasgow. Pretty gash riff rock trying to like oxes and part chimp but sounding really bad. a small handful of gigs round Scotland.

Genevieve - very briefly. bass.

Masamune - very briefly towards their demise. I remember a very drunken Gavfest performance with Al falling off of the stage. bass.

Sir Dancelot Killed his Mother - bass. with Al & Gav Masamune, never actually did see the light of day. Some truly awful practices.

the butchers of bakersfield - bass. some very fun gigs playing arnie thrash on bass.

inshallah - bass & drums. annoying people since 2005

why can't we win? - Guitar & vocal. brief attempt at playing things on my own. a few gigs and some awful vocals.

Robot House - Guitar. Math which never got off the ground in the end.

The fall of boss koala / Archives - Bass. Dundee band, had a bit of fun.

M.I.L.K - Current. Bass. The new E Y E band, very very slooooow progress.

Little Anchors - Current. Guitar & Vocal. Jangly and Strangly indie/emo pop with Juliet Kilo, 3 times round, Archives members.

Year at Sea - Current. Bass & vocal. in female fronted indie emo like rainer maria and stuff. really fun to play.

I'm still eagerly awaiting Barloff

Sep 2000-Feb 2003: Welcome To Joetown

Me and my mate John spent years mucking about on guitars and learning surf songs and occasionally writing some angsty teen songs or I did, he wanted to play Chuck Berry. It made for quite an interesting mix. We eventually played 2 gigs...the first one we got booed off, most notably cos it was in a Working Man's Club and we covered Red Hot Chilli Peppers but I didnt learn the words. Our 2nd gig was actually really good at the Hull Adelphi but we got banned as we let too many people in and someone smashed the fire exit and put a bottle down the toilet. I got replaced by the drummer from the Paddingtons best mate and they started sounding like a proper band.

Oct 2002 - Feb 2003 Sound of Echoes

Pretty straightforward indie rock. Played 2 gigs. I joined on bass, having never played one before and had to play it upside down.

Had to leave both bands when moved to Hull for Aberdeen...

Dec 2003 - August 2004 The No Pints

Met guitarist Andy a couple of times and spoke about forming a band. Found Paul on Aberdeen-Music but hadnt yet practised when I told Sharon that my band would be perfect support for The Real McKenzies...wrote some pop punk songs real quick and 5 weeks later was ready to go! I remember someone on here made the comment years ago that we had good songs but couldnt play them....thats a fair definition. Musicially it was like Screeching Weasel/Green Dayish with a bit of gruff-oi in there. Did a little tour and almost ended disastrously when I got wrecked on white cider, slagged off the band before "We're even worse than that last band and they were shit", fell out with the rest of the band, the venue (in Tayport) and the neighbours of the venue who complained about the noise.

Nov 2004 - early 2006 Spike Piledriver

Joined on bass when they were the most hated band in Aberdeen. Enjoyed the drinking cider and listening to noise at Jakes which was more frequent than practising, recorded 2 split CD-Rs but didnt have enough time to commit to it in the end. Memorable moment: turning up to Captain Tom's absolutely wrecked and passing out in front of the amp while they continued to play...oh dear!

The Planeteers Nov 2004 - July 2006

Another band that doesnt do much favours for the ol' CV. 3 chord punk n roll superheros that was more memorable for our daft costumes. Good laugh tho and we had a lot of adventures including getting banned from the Megabus (Camie), Bobby being so wrecked before a gig in Leeds he thought he needed hospital (once he threw up he was ok), and me drinking too much at Drummonds I had to give up playing the guitar cos I couldnt even see it but remember offending a lot of people. The Planeteers on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads Did 2 split 7"s, some comps, played with loadsa bands we loved...shame we were rubbish

The Usuals Feb 2005 - May 2005

Perhaps my most embarassing moment ever was describing The Usuals as "truly awful" in The Fly magazine, not knowing who they was, before meeting the drummer Dave a short while after. I ended up joining on bass for a while and after really enjoying playing for them, they sprung it on me that theyd known all along Id gave them the bad review (I didnt know it was The Usuals I'd seen at that point) and so did every friend and family member of the band it seemed. That isnt why I left though, I was too busy with GFN? and playing in other bands at that point to commit to play Drummonds every week even though I really liked them!

Nov 2005 - Feb 06 The Butchers of Bakersfield

Shambolic Arnie-loving thrash. Amazing! Getting this lot to leave the Moorings to practise was virtually impossible though.

June 2006 - present Escape To Victory And I' finally formed a band I've been content in for a long while! There was a lot of gaps and line-up changes before we finally played in May 2007, we've just released our first proper CD of melodic hardcore punk...check it Escape To Victory on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I can't believe I've just wasted half an hour typing this up!

96/99Atom Flask Blind Bird evloved into this band with the inclusion of Colin Biomechanoid. Rather good band and a tad too far a head of the times. Played T in The Park and were interviewed on prime time radio 1. The band desolved

One of my first Aberdeen gigs was Atom Flask at the East Neuk, I'm sure I have the demo I got that night somewhere too. Awesome

Fester - 1993 - 1994 - On Bass. Later renamed to "Mindscar" but no shows were played under this guise. Dates i'm a little hazy on but had mucho fun playing Death Metal tainted Thrash. Debut gig at Linksfield Academy (my school) with Inextremis. Managed to hold it together long enough to play with Korpse, The Reign, Inversus.. uhmmm and a few others dotted around Scotland too. I might have some cassettes in a box... somewhere...

Bonesaw - 2000 - present - On Bass. Founding member. Aye, it's really been that long.... Bonesaw on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Filthpact - 2006 - 2007 - on Guitar mostly but played a minitour on bass. Filthpact on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

STD - 2006 - I think? On Bass. Doomtastic project that got as far as producing a set worth of material... then Neil fucked off to Thailand... so it died... boo!!! Got some rough rehearsal recordings somewhere...

We're NOT Black Sabbath - 2008 - on Bass. Producing a 25min set within a week for a show in The Moorings, kinda stoner/sludge project. Anything for band discount!! woot! No recordings...

Ablach - 2007 - present - On Guitar. Founding member. Ablach on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I only played in one band that i don't even like talking about these days. Despite being able to write nice wee catchy ear friendly melodies they were always ruined by stupid amounts of distortion that made everything sound like indie does class rock. Nobody needs to hear this. Played about 15 gigs across Scotland, supported APB which was a bit surreal and did a couple of dates with Komakino which was my first attempt at putting on shows.

Havn't played in a band for the last 2 years or even written a full song, happy enough not doing it though, got recording, sound, promoting ect to keep me occupied at the moment. Will pick it up again at some point but don't have a clue when. Ideally i'd like to be in a post-rock type band and a nice folky band with lots of strings.

Nov 2004 - early 2006 Spike Piledriver

Joined on bass when they were the most hated band in Aberdeen. Enjoyed the drinking cider and listening to noise at Jakes which was more frequent than practising, recorded 2 split CD-Rs but didnt have enough time to commit to it in the end. Memorable moment: turning up to Captain Tom's absolutely wrecked and passing out in front of the amp while they continued to play...oh dear!

:laughing:

I'd forgotten about that! Pretty sure we still skinned you for your share of the room hire as well...

:up:

Zillah (2009 - Present)

Moved to Edinburgh this year and was instantly asked to join this band. Loving the new material. This band sound like a mix between Ion Dissonance, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon, Neurosis etc. Signed to Retribute records and a possible new label announcement soon. Exciting times and all that.

Holy shit.

• 3 months later...
Fundamental Hate

2004-2006

Consisted of my friend Stuart on drums and myself on guitar. Never got anywhere at all, was just jamming in his garage playing Metallica and Slayer stuff with the intention of getting other people together to make it into something.

Ended up getting a friend (Sarah-Jane) to play bass and we played Master Of Puppets at a Cults talent show in 2005.

In 2006 we did another talent show and played two originals. Had Callum (ex-Weeping Jesus/Dis-Ease/current KCHGH bassist) to play bass and Aaron (ex-Weeping Jesus/Dis-Ease/current Ablach guitarist) to do vocals. We came 2nd. Aaron made a young girl cry :laughing:

Man The Fuck Up!?

2009-present

Hardcore/Thrash mayhem with Aaron (ex-Weeping Jesus/Dis-Ease/current Ablach guitar) on bass, Doug (ex-Weeping Jesus/Dis-Ease guitar) on other guitar, Dave Rowlands (ex-Filthpact/current Ablach vocals) doing vocals and Nassim (work with him at R&B ;)) on drums.

Again, like the thrash band, I have LOTS and LOTS of faith in this. Mucho potential. Tonnes of heart and energy in everything. Could see it doing well if it keeps going the way it is. :)

Think got gigs sorted for October, so we shall be surfacing soon. Keep peeled, it'll be awesome!

Bullet Belt Bastards - fast stupid thrash with RoddyGevitter. 2 gigs to date, one with The Sloth doing vocals as a guest after 1 hour long practice and no lyrics. terrible but fun. BxBxBx on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Weeping Jesus: Joined a metal/punk outfit with Richard singing and Aaron (Ablach) on guitarz, Doug (see above) and Callum (Kchgh/Fuct Off), who i knew from college, joined respectively. Started by learning a few discharge covers. Played a few gigs in kef drummonds etc, ace fun though i dont think we were received well.

Dis-ease: After much fuking about with Richard, for whatever reason, he left, leaving Callum to shout into the microphone. We started to write quite different stuff with lots of notes, though its still kept its speed. Disbanded after i moved from Aberdeen.

The Offering: The Offering on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads Expeimental electronic nonsense with Aaron (Abalch). Havn't done much in the way of actual stuff, but we have the rest of our young lives.

Ablach (2007 - Present) - Grind Crust Death - Formed after the demise of Filthpact and featuring Bazz, Al B and I along with Aaron Rodgers(Ex Dis-Ease/Weeping Jesus - Guitar), Calum Carruthers(Bonesaw, Ex Evacuating Heaven & Spike Pile Driver - Drums) and Andy Geraghty(Bonesaw, Ex Hearse Crash, Fester - Vocals) - 40+ Gigs across the UK, One demo (Later pressed as a 7"), Album(Aon-One) and 5 Way Split CD (European Fastness: A Grindcore Compilation with Xaros, A Den of Robbers, Ocksen and The Afternoon Gentlemen) and appearances on a couple of compilations so far. Planned European tour in October, Scottish Tour with F.U.B.A.R(NL) in November and track on the upcoming VA: A Tribute to Nasum LP - Ablach Myspace

We're NOT Black Sabbath - 2008 - on Bass. Producing a 25min set within a week for a show in The Moorings, kinda stoner/sludge project. Anything for band discount!! woot! No recordings...

Zombie thread!

thats all the stuff I've been involved with above pretty much...some other random jams here and there. Recorded a demo with my mate Scott under the name Death's Design before starting Weeping Jesus, which was my first proper band. Played guitar for 'We're the NOT Black Sabbath' gig.

I see his Mum sometimes.

Wahey!

Picture this if you can: Me on bass, Ryan Massie on guitar and Al Souter on drums. That was my introduction to playing live. We did three songs at The Malt Mill shouting "oooohs" and "aaaahs" through all the songs at Al's insistence who was already pretty well known from Nero. I can't remember how any of the songs went but one of them was called "War". I think that says it all.

Point of Origin (2000-2005) Our first gig was on March 15th supporting Capdown @ Exodus, but of course, we were thrown off the stage before we finished our set.

We weren't thrown off stage all that often, although we did get gigs banned from Oldmachar Academy "permanently" after playing Bring On The Sluts at a lunch time gig. It pretty much caused total pandemonium when the whole school started singing "Get your fucking pants off!" but I still maintain that some of the teachers liked it.

Dan's missus Heather also reminded me the other day of a gig we played @ Dr Drakes where we'd agreed to book the support acts ourselves but didn't. After we'd played our set we had a break and played some acoustic numbers to fill in the time and then took the full band back on stage and played our whole set all over again.

A true classic.

Although the band has always had me and Ryan in it, we've gone through a few members:

Our drummers: Graham "Tooms" Leigh, Ross McTaggert (Xcerts) and David Milne

On Bass: Andrew Rogie, Sam Sutherland, Jamesy Bruce, Stephen Keith and Dan Mackintosh as well as stand in performances from Kai Sirius and Craig Quik

Stayover (2005-2006) I always thought this band were pretty good. Ryan wanted to do a more rocky/emo thing with Lost at that time, but myself, Dan and Milner took some of the lessons we'd learned from PoO and applied it to stayover. The songs were decent and we had a pretty big following, an indie album deal on the table and interest from Parlophone. When we split up I didn't bother playing music for a while after that.

Most memorable gigs - Moorings Residency, especially the one where we covered other local bands and had stand ins from Murray (Xcerts), Kai (Sirius), Steve (Alyssa's Wish) Gumpy and Philip James Johnston as well as other great local musicians. Loved it!

Albyn School For Girls (2008) Declaring our love for all things schoolgirl related myself and Kai started this band in late 2007, early 2008 with Milner and Sean from Decipher on Bass. I really thought this band had something good going and I loved the lyrics me and Kai had come up with. The songs were a bit more technical and slightly heavier than what I'd done the past. Sadly, we never lasted long enough to be sued by the school.

Point of Origin (Summer 2009-Present) New free for download EP early 2010.

Nuff said.

(2004 - 2004) One Winged Angel/Sixteen Accused

Hardcore band formed at a time where we were all 'growing out' of hardcore and into 'mature' music. I was old enough to know better, my band mates were slightly younger. Our bassist is a cool guy, but liked to stamp on people's fuzz pedals randomly to add 'atmosphere'.

Played two gigs at Portlethen Academy.

(1978 - 1979, recordings currently being remastered) Gangs of New York

Gangs of New York wrote the Synth-Funk classic 'Street Living', which was originally intended to be part of The Warriors soundtrack, but the director said 'No way guys, this is too funky and we can't have people dancing in the cinema'. Gangs of New York gigs aren't even documented anywhere because of the levels of violence involved.

(2017-2019, travelled back in time to be active between 1992 - 1994 went into cryogenic sleep, reactived 2009 to teach ourselves our own songs) - Beats of Rage

1996-98 Neo B. - My first band at school, featured Claire and Adam de Barros

1998 - 2004 de Barros - named after my favourite Highland League footballer. We had a revolving bassist situation, at various stages such luminaries as Kenny Hauller, Al Nero, Adam 'Sinister Waltz' Cresser and my brar Adam Eddison plucked dem root notes. We made seriously dark pop music, and seemed to be reasonably well liked and respected in Aberdeen.

2001-2004 Sirius - Lots of fun. Although I never was much of a fan of punk music, I loved playing with Sirius. Playing in this band was also responsible for a lot of my formative sexual experiences (yes, with wimmin, not with Kai and Terry). We were loved and loathed and always very entertaining.

2004 - The Magdalene Cox - Two-piece side project with Adam H. de Barros. We only played a few shows but IMO we were fuckin ace! Superdark, dancey pop songs, kind of like a cross between Nick Cave and The Rapture. But better, of course.

2005 - Masamune - I only played with them for one show to help them out of a drummer-shaped hole. Such a good band, I woulda loved to have done more.

2005-2006 The Welles - A band with JJ and Adam Easy Wishes, and Kev Flight19. We were hugely hit-and-miss, but had some kickass songs. I didn't really give them enough time and energy, because of other commitments. Fine band, and JJ tells me that he has started playing some Welles numbers again recently.

2006-2008 Edgar Prais. Indie-pop in the Modest Mouse, Weezer kind of mould. We were always highly rated and tipped for great things, but didn't half make things awkward for ourselves with some of our choices. Relatively popular and one of the few local bands to have achieved some reasonably high-profile things. I'm very proud of the Prais, and loved every second of being in the band.

2009 Be Like Pablo - Formerly Dan Against The World, I've been helping these guys out with some drumming.

2009 - Deportees - Dark, folky pop songs played by a rock band. I have high hopes for us. We played our first gig last week and it was mighty fine.

I'm sure I've missed a couple out.

• 1 month later...

2002-2006: Schmuk : A band formed with me three best friends at school, easily the most fun I've had playing in a band! We basically formed this band before any of us could play our instruments properly and with a lot of time and dedication we became quite good players! Scott, the singer, now plays bass for Roddy Hart and Pearl & the Puppets in Glasgow; Ross, the guitarist, now plays in Abbamania (yeah, he sold out!) and Jamie still plays bass in Aberdeen with The Errol Street Invitational. We were influenced by everything from The Red Hot Chili Peppers to Iron Maiden with a side order of Deftones and Rage Against the Machine (obviously!). This came across in the "genre skipping" style we adopted (look us up on myspace, some of our GREAT songs are on it). As well as writing our own songs we played at parties where we would cover everything from the Arctic Monkeys to Engine #9 by Deftones; all for the ladies of course. We were pretty cool dudes and were good, brilliant considering our age.

2003-2005: The Evil Death Angels of Death : my other highschool project: very punk in our outlook with many more gigs than practices! We were a parody (unintentionally) punk band with a song called "Cunt". We smoked a lot of weed instead of practicing.

2004-2006: Soul Academy : the soul band at my school. We were by far the coolest of the band geeks! We played weddings and other events, our material including Mustang Sally, Hard to Handle and Try a Little Tenderness. Was a lot of fun and all the singers were ridiculously fit.

2006-2009: Static in the City : indie-anthems are us! After moving to Aberdeen I eventually found a few guys to play with. I genuinely thought we were bloody good at what we do but were possibly underappreciated. Our success peaked when we played The Liquid Rooms for a t-break heat and narrowly (according to our feedback) missed out on a spot. Our demise came about following a lack of enthusiasm and practice time leading to a massive dip in our live quality. Had plenty of solid reviews for "An Unssen Truth EP" and would have been loved by the NME. I still have copies of this CD if anyone is interested (hear it on myspace first). I hope Andrew keeps writing and finds a new band as he's a top song writer.

2007-2009: The Errol Street Invitational : heavy-rock influenced by the likes of Tool, Oceansize and Primus! Was a good laugh and played with my best bro Jamie again (of Schmuk fame). Other committments on my part led to me not having enough time to fully committ myself to an ambitious band. With a new drummer and guitarist possibly in the mix, this is a band to watch out for around Aberdeen. Very good grooves; very good chaps.

2008-present: Carson Wells : Ross and Huw seemed like nice chaps so went for a jam with them. Gelled very well from the off and are still enjoying our music. Kinda mathy, techy punk with glimpses of more traditional post-hardcore bands like Fugazi and At the Drive In. Have a CD coming it out next month so keep your eyes peeled. We are ambitious and champions of the "D.I.Y" scene so hopefully we will get a tour on the go in the not so distant future; see what becomes of us.

2009-present: The Scandal Extracts : 3/4 of Static in the City. Formed initially as a vehicle to get SitC's lead guitarist, my brother David's, songs out there. We integrated them into our set but the differences in style meant it didn't work one bit. We are a rock band, through and through, influenced by (but not always sounding like) Pearl Jam, Pavement, Mogwai and Idlewild. We are hoping to get a demo sorted in the near future and get some tracks on myspace in the next month. Anyone got any gigs for us?

Righto, that was a great way to spend 20 minutes. Had myself a nice we tour of my past. I'm almost positive I have missed a band out though.

Guest idol_wild

Essentially, my first band was called Flyer (circa 2000). I answered an ad on the Idlewild message board by a local chap called Paul, as they were seeking a guitarist. I met the guys, went to a rehearsal after playing along to their demos on tape, and got asked to join. We had a set of about 5/6 indie-rock songs which we rehearsed a few times a month, but we never played a gig. One of the members, Andrew, has now formed a beautiful little 2-piece dreamy folk act called Quickbeam. Flyer weren't bad actually, but none of us really had the urge to make anything happen and try to get gigs.

Having gained employment at One Up in 2004, I met Steven and Rob and quickly became a fan of their band, Dedalus. For me, Dedalus were the best band in Aberdeen and, before I met them, I once went to a gig at Drakes because I thought they were playing. It turned out to be a really shit band called Deadalian (sic) and for months I thought Dedalus were fucking rubbish. Anyway, once Dave and Alan left Dedalus, Steven invited me to join to play some guitar and we recruited Martin to hit the skins. As Martin has already alluded to earlier, this stage of Dedalus was one that failed miserably to live up to the potential of the old line-up. Almost all the material was new and whilst perhaps 40% of our set was strong, the other 60% was pretty poor. However, we played some fun shows around Aberdeen for a while and it was a great way to meet other bands and build friendships. Steven then decided to move back to Northern Ireland so Dedalus were no more. My stint in Dedalus was between 2005 and 2006, I think.

Rob and I immediately decided to recruit for Kartta in 2006, taking Martin and Hugh with us from Dedalus and inviting Dave to enter back into the band fray, whilst asking our friend Michael to play bass. A 6-piece. A motherfucking 6-piece! I really enjoyed my time in Kartta and we have some great memories from local gigs, including a couple with Frightened Rabbit and The Twilight Sad. James from The 'Sad exclaimed he was a big fan of Kartta, which was nice! The best memories came on the wee tours we did. Touring is something I wholeheartedly approve of and, although being extremely hard work, it is very rewarding and a lot of fun. We were lucky enough to play some shows around Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. The line-ups changed over the 3 years, but I have so much respect for every musician who played in Kartta. I think we were generally considered to be a pretentious band (which, I feel, couldn't be further from the truth), but some people seemed to like us. We eventually released an EP in September last year at our final ever gig. I think there are still some left. Kartta on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I started writing/recording my own solo material in late 2007 under the name Debutant. I never intended to play gigs or anything, but I was invited to play a couple so I said yes. After the first show, I promised myself I'd never ever put myself through that again. But I did. And it got easier. I've been quite busy with Debutant show-wise, playing quite a few gigs in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow on a regular basis and a year ago I did a 2 week UK & Ireland tour which, quite frankly, was life changing (tour diary on the myspace blog). I had another one booked for November last year but I had to cancel it due to relocating to Edinburgh and lacking funds. I shall be going back on tour later this year. A new little indie label called Jerry Loves Records are releasing a Debutant / Conquering Animal Sound split 7" around March/April time and I will also be recording an album and releasing it this year. Doing the Debutant thing has changed my life and introduced me to a lot of new, like-minded people and friends. Which is what it's all about, I say. Debutant on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I moved to Edinburgh in August 2009 to join Meursault. Meursault have been one of my favourite bands for several years and I regularly had them up playing shows in Aberdeen. There was always a mutual musical appreciation and a couple of years ago they asked me to join the band. I initially resisted but then took them up on the offer and moved down. Our second album is out in May and we have a very busy schedule ahead, including a 3 week tour of Europe in spring which is quite daunting, and various festival apperances. I hope this is the last band I'll ever be in. Meursault on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

[/ESSAY]

I've not been in that many bands, but here it goes...

2001-2002 - ARGH!

This was my first 'band', formed in the latter years of my time at Arbroath High. We played loads of covers - really, really shocking covers of really, really shocking songs. I seem to call that we actually did a cover of Alien Ant Farm's cover of 'Smooth Criminal' - it was terrible. I played some bass and some guitar and did some singing. We never played outside of Arbroath because we were utter pish and mostly under age. We all liked different sorts of music, so it was never meant to be. We also spent quite a substantial amount of time arguing as well ('NO I'M SINGING WISH YOU WERE HERE FUCK'S SAKE'), but they were really nice guys.

2004-2008 - Juliet Kilo

I spent a couple of years learning how to actually play guitar to a semi-competent standard, then got asked to join this band. We initially started off sounding a bit base and generic, and recorded an EP called Carnival. It was pretty poor, but by the time it was finished we started writing another EP called Little Manifesto which was better. Amazingly, we never actually got either record pressed, for reasons too dumb to explain.

We spent most of 2008 cancelling gigs because by that point Andy and Allan lived in Edinburgh, and last minute work commitments made gigging outside of town impossible; I think we pissed off quite a few promoters, so we'd realised that it wasn't geographically possible any more. I had loads of fun in this band, and there's still some songs that we'd like to get together and record sometime.

2009-present - Pensioner

Another Dundee band called Alamos had split up just before Juliet Kilo called it a day, so Mike and I asked Mark to come play some drums with us. We roped in Mike's flatmate Cal to play some guitar too. I think this is the band that I've felt most comfortable in, and it's a relief not to be doing all the singing.

We recorded our first EP ourselves last year, and we played with loads of great bands last year. We're hoping to gig as much as possible this year as well, and get out on tour in the summer some time. Later this year, we're going to record our first LP; Robin's going to do the tracking and we're going to mix it. It should be really fun!

• Upvote 1

When I was 17 (long time ago) I was in a band that actually had no name...

back in West Yorks....

3 brothers dominated the band, on Lead Guitar, Drums & Vocals, with a mountain of a guy called Jeff on bass... I played (badly) rhythm guitar.... played mostly rock covers in a youth club and the brothers garage....

did play one gig at a local pub, did not go down really well and we sank without trace after about 9 months....

Other than that.... I was in a pipe band for 11 years!!

Hoping to get some kind of hook-up with any new friends on here????.... still looking!