aberdeen-music

Guitar Tech / Luthier in Aberdeen ?

Michael

Guest Motleyal

There used to be a guy called marshall dow that lived on annfield terrace. he was bloddy good. not sure if he's still on the go. otherwise, you could try asking in brucies or r and b for reccommendations. i put a guitar into brucies once and they wrecked it so i wouldnt use them direct.

There used to be a guy called marshall dow that lived on annfield terrace. he was bloddy good. not sure if he's still on the go. otherwise, you could try asking in brucies or r and b for reccommendations. i put a guitar into brucies once and they wrecked it so i wouldnt use them direct.

I agree, I took my bass to Marshall Dow and he knew his stuff so I'd recommend him. Wasn't anything I needed done but yapped to him for a wee bit and he really seemed very reliable.

Since Alistair Watt has gone,i personally go outside Aberdeen for jobs i can't do myself.Jimmy Egypt's name crops up a lot but he is in Glasgow.I use Martin Peterson at Sei Basses in London for those big jobs on my expensive instruments that i can't do myself.:up:

There's a guy near where I stay who fixed a bump on my upright bass a few months back, he also fitted some winder-adjusters to the bridge for me...did a good job and was very cheap!

He builds acoustic guitars and other string instruments as a hobby, but don't know about electric instruments, think he's more of a woodwork guy. Name is Marshall Dow, he has a wee workshop in Newton Dee...recommended for 'classical' strings/acoustic work ;)

• 3 weeks later...