aberdeen-music

Indian Red Lopez @ Wizard 2009

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

I've bigged them up before many a time, but Indian Red Lopez are awesome live.

They played a blinder on Saturday at the Wizard Festival. I was a bit worried about their set time being so early and in the second biggest tent as it would be difficult to get a decent atmosphere going in a tent half full of hungover people.

Needn't have worried though, the guys pulled it off in spectacular style. I think they won over every single person in that tent, including Vic Galloway who was apparently very impressed.

Well played guys, here's hoping Vic Galloway gives you the backing he promised :)

Also - a "well played" to:

The Little Kicks (best gig I've seen from them for ages - new drummer slotted in seemingly effortlessly) and Cast of the Capital (been a pretty big year for them!)

Unfortunately missed Headlight due to their mega early slot. I was running late getting back to the site due to lack of transport (disgusting mouldy tent meant I wasn't camping...)

Couple of other bands I meant to go see but ended up having a beer with folk and losing track of time meant I missed them.

But - all in all a cracking weekend.

The Wizard organisers deserve a massive pat on the back. :up:

Guest Gladstone
did some bands get cancelled on the friday? I heard this through the grapevine but then heard little more...

Yeah.

As far as I know anyone who was first or second on on the Friday got cancelled because they didn't open the arena till about 6pm instead of 3pm.

The reason being that an unbelievable amount of rain fell on Thurdsay night/Friday morning, and they were pumping water out of the arena and the Snafu Stage was nearly sinking...

It was definitely the right thing to do because the arena was barely even muddy , and I saw the amount of rain falling steady for about 12 hours - it was mental (it was apparently at the point of flooding on Friday afternoon). Really shit if you are one of those bands that got cancelled, but it's one of these unavoidable things.

By the way - anyone on here that was at the festival - did anyone have a bacon cheeseburger from the fish and chip van (nearest to the Banshee Stage)? It was unbelievably good. :up:

• 1 month later...
Guest Gladstone

Indian Red Lopez's tune "The New Black" got played on Vic Galloway's Radio 1 show the other night.

It appears he's stayed true to the word he gave the guys at Wizard Festival, and has played them on his Radio Scotland show and now on his Radio 1 show. I didn't hear his show as I was sleeping (it's after midnight on a school night...), but you can listen again here:

BBC - Radio 1 - Vic Galloway

Not sure if he bigged them up or what he said, just that he played the tune.

Well done guys :up:

Guest Gladstone
Indian Red Lopez's tune "The New Black" got played on Vic Galloway's Radio 1 show the other night.

It appears he's stayed true to the word he gave the guys at Wizard Festival, and has played them on his Radio Scotland show and now on his Radio 1 show. I didn't hear his show as I was sleeping (it's after midnight on a school night...), but you can listen again here:

BBC - Radio 1 - Vic Galloway

Not sure if he bigged them up or what he said, just that he played the tune.

Well done guys :up:

Just had a sneaky listen - about 30 minutes into the listen again podcast thingy. He plays the tune then speaks about them - says they were "amazing" at Wizard Festival. Cracking plug from a guy like Vic Galloway. :up: