aberdeen-music

Fudge 5th Birthday

Alkaline

Each to their own, I suppose..........I really liked the juxtaposition of Cuts/Simon Gall band.....sort of like sour & sweet, but both great...............isn't that what Fudge is all about (although I'm a real Johnny-come lately here!!).

You're not usually so negative, Cloud......what's up?????

Kitchen Cynics..........................Timson & ShaunF for next Fudge "superfan" award!......

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Simon Gall Band is art wank?

This would make you an "Art-wanker", Philip................sounds cool to me!!!!!!!!

Kitchen Cynics.....................................................stirring!!..................................

Each to their own' date=' I suppose..........I really liked the juxtaposition of Cuts/Simon Gall band.....sort of like sour & sweet, but both great...............isn't that what Fudge is all about (although I'm a real Johnny-come lately here!!).

You're not usually so negative, Cloud......what's up?????[/quote']

Yeah, I mean, the idea is fine in theory, but going from being highly amused with SPD, to being entertained with the Cuts, to being confused in a bad way with Simon Gall really messed up the night for me - Fair enough, they're really good musicians, but it seemed really inaccessible. I mentioned to someone how I'd probably have enjoyed them far more if they were part of something else, it just seemed utterly out of place.

I suppose one way of looking at it is that it was a gamble that didn't really pay off - you never really know how these things turn out until you try them. Bold move by Fudge all the same, but I can't help but think that it showed that too much diversity can kill a gig dead. Maybe the Lemon Tree would be an excellent venue to see the Simon Gall band, but they..how to put it..it was like the atmosphere was flat (common problem with Moshulu gigs, it seems) and then the Simon Gall band killed the room stone dead.

As for what's up, I've just decided to be a bit more vocal in my criticism ;) I'm starting to think that it's Moshulu as a venue rather than anything else though - it just doesn't seem to work for gigs that would be far better off in places like Drakes or Kef.

I'm going to close by saying that Fudge should take their 5th anniversary as a sign to go forth and be bold :)

Guest Sundaram
Who were they playing with in Drakes? I'd be curious about seeing them there..and in all honesty' date=' they'd probably seem a million times better due to the intimate atmosphere and all that.. :)[/quote']

It was with 67, but I dont think they were called 67 at that point!

They played with 67 quite a while back and I was made a fan of both bands. Jazzier and more acoustic than a lot of things at Drakes the pair of them but I'd definitely recomment checking them out at Drakes or perhaps the Blue Lamp [i've never made it there though] as a more intimate atmosphere definitely suits them :)

Guest stuartmaxwell
I think you should take a long hard look at yourself before calling someone a prick - typing your post all in caps and using lots of insults' date=' along with the DREADED *plays creepy music* "you're supposed to be playing for me!!" line makes you look like a complete and utter wanker.

Oh, and saying that you'd like to swing for someone hardly puts you across as being intelligent. He had a valid point, I thought the last couple of Fudge nights have been pretty poor compared to ones in the past, but the venue has a lot to do with it, I suspect the nights would have been far better at Drakes than at Moshulu.

Incidentally, the only person making a prick of themselves here is you =)[/quote']

when you grow up, remember to delete or edit this thread :gringo:

They played with 67 quite a while back and I was made a fan of both bands. Jazzier and more acoustic than a lot of things at Drakes the pair of them but I'd definitely recomment checking them out at Drakes or perhaps the Blue Lamp [i've never made it there though] as a more intimate atmosphere definitely suits them :)

In the interests of fairness' date=' i will :) although..the more i think about it, they remind me of the kind of band who will be mentioned by music critics for years for being something special and undiscovered..I don't "get" it personally, but you never know..might just suddenly hit me one day, more than enough bands have done to me in the past :D

when you grow up, remember to delete or edit this thread

Grow up? me? are you insane? :p

FUCK YOU!!!

THAT WAS MY NIGHT!

WHY THE FUCK WOULD I NEED "UNDERTOWS" CHIEF PROMOTER TO HELP ME WITH MY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS PLENTY BUSY

CAN I REMIND YOU DICK FACE YOU GUYS ARE SUPOSED TO BE PLAYING FOR ME @ THE END OF AUG SO HOW ABOUT NOT SHOOTING YOURSELF AND BAND MATES IN THE FOOT BY COMING ON THESE FORUMS AND SOUNDING OFF AND MAKING A PRICK OF YOURSELF

USE THE HEED MIN

YOUR IN A BAND AND LOOK WHO YOU'V PISSED OFF

IS THAT HELPING YOUR BAND / MUSIC / PROFILE

NO!!!!!!!!

I THINK WE SHOULD ALL CHIP IN 20P AND GIVE HIM HIS 5 BACK

I MAY PUT THE COINS IN A SOCK AND SWING FOR HIM !

BUT HE WOULD GET A REFUND

Ok, does someone want to give me an even bigger spade!!!!!

Shawn you tool (SARCASM) in no way was i taking it out of your efforts, you know me better than this bud- i don't talk behind your back, i'd say it to your face if there was anything to be said. I meant poorly attended from Undertow's point of view. And although you spend a lot of time promoting, i do as well with respect.

I don't however think that this was a rational rant and will chalk it off to you missreading what i seem to have put across badly. SORRY

PS SORRY TO THE STACCATTO SET BOYS

PPS I CONSIDER THIS MATTER CLOSED BLAH BLAH BLAH. If anyone has any problems they can deal with me face to face. The people i seem to have pissed off know me already so that shouldn't be a problem.

Once again Apologies to all involved.

jack...fuck up.

?

I also meant "from Undertows point of view" with regard to the Audio Dropouts gig, that 'we' didn't bring along enough people, because i wasn't there promoting it.

Have also spoken to Shawn, all should be cleared up. So everyone should just chillout. Hopefully Shawn will pass on my apologies to Shaz as well.

Cheers

Phil

Guest Jake Wifebeater

To get back to the point, the Spike Boys enjoyed playing the gig and we are grateful for the opportunity we got. Not everyone will "get it" but name me one band that everyone in the entire world likes!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Element 106

(stir' date=' stir)[/quote']

After Spike played, Hog and Chris became two-fifths of Element 106 again to go play at Billy Bundy's, to be seen by a whopping 11 people!

(continues the pot-stirring antics)