aberdeen-music

Fudge 5th Birthday

Alkaline

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually happen to have played gigs myself in your venue and from what i can remember there was virtually no standing room at any of them....

emm..i beg to differ....i remember one of them being particularly empty actually...sorry just HAD to pick you up on that....:angel:

*prays..please dont bite my head off*

doc drake

I totally agree with shaz!! I'm sick and tired of people putting down fudge! I mean everyone is entitled to there opinion' date=' BUT there is a big difference between constructive criticism and just down right bitching guys!!

Those who are putting fudge down have absolutly NO FUCKING IDEA how much time and effort and many sleepless nights Brian has put into all the work he has done, and for what, he asks? so a bunch of fucking wankers who have probably contributed SWEET F.A. to the Aberdeen music scene compared to Bri Fudge( who by the way, organised everything and wrote the whole fanzine by HIMSELF!!)[/quote']

ahh. i have now identified you. don't drink anymore coffee, darling :D

Guest stuartmaxwell
I totally agree with shaz!! I'm sick and tired of people putting down fudge! I mean everyone is entitled to there opinion' date=' BUT there is a big difference between constructive criticism and just down right bitching guys!!

Those who are putting fudge down have absolutly NO FUCKING IDEA how much time and effort and many sleepless nights Brian has put into all the work he has done, and for what, he asks? so a bunch of fucking wankers who have probably contributed SWEET F.A. to the Aberdeen music scene compared to Bri Fudge( who by the way, organised everything and wrote the whole fanzine by HIMSELF!!)[/quote']

i dont think anyoine slagged brian off, or brought into question the hard work that he puts into the shows, the fanzine and the scene as a whole

just the show i think

and the other poiont

i think everybody does support him, buying the fanzine, going to shows, playing shows etc

yes?no?dont know?

I think Shawn 'n' Shaz's offspring should be called "Shazam Shithead".

In the absence of Marlon Brando, can I be the Godfather?

Kitchen Cynics.....................................an offer you'll probably refuse.........................

Guest stuartmaxwell

i heard alamos being played, bass a plenty o yeah

twas great from what i heard, nice to hear something varied and different!

alamos play drakes on friday september 24th along with senator and the gloria flaw

oh plug me

OK- apologies for calling Shaz a shithead. I in no way whatsoever intended this post to put across that i was slagging off Brian and Fudge, this is after all a forum for airing opinions on the aberdeen music scene- and i consider my opinion to be aired.

With regard to the gig being badly thought out i meant that although fudge stuck to their pushing bands of different genres ethos, the ones they chose didn't complement each other well.

With regard to the one badly attended Undertow gig, correct me if i'm wrong, but that would have been the one with Chris Carroll and The Staccato set- one that i wasn't at myself coz i was in Australia and given the fact i was chief band promoter this dosn't surprise me at all.

Once again apologies to anyone i've offended.

Phil.

Well, any London kidz are welcome to come along to this instead - 4 for 6 bands, cheap drinks, free food...

Sun 1st August from 5pm - very late @ The Windmill, Brixton, sarf London

http://www.drownedinsound.com presents...

THE CRIBS

THE RAKES

THE BOYFRIENDS

DRAT

NUN OF THE ABOVE

THE COBRA

+ guest DJs CLOR + Razorlight (tbc)

+ free BBQ

Tickets are 4 onsale via http://www.wegottickets.com/gig.asp?3396

Or you can pay on the door.

Have fun, Aberdeen people.

With regard to the one badly attended Undertow gig' date=' correct me if i'm wrong, but that would have been the one with Chris Carroll and The Staccato set- one that i wasn't at myself coz i was in Australia and given the fact i was chief band promoter this dosn't surprise me at all.

Phil.[/quote']

FUCK YOU!!!

THAT WAS MY NIGHT!

WHY THE FUCK WOULD I NEED "UNDERTOWS" CHIEF PROMOTER TO HELP ME WITH MY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS PLENTY BUSY

CAN I REMIND YOU DICK FACE YOU GUYS ARE SUPOSED TO BE PLAYING FOR ME @ THE END OF AUG SO HOW ABOUT NOT SHOOTING YOURSELF AND BAND MATES IN THE FOOT BY COMING ON THESE FORUMS AND SOUNDING OFF AND MAKING A PRICK OF YOURSELF

USE THE HEED MIN

YOUR IN A BAND AND LOOK WHO YOU'V PISSED OFF

IS THAT HELPING YOUR BAND / MUSIC / PROFILE

NO!!!!!!!!

I THINK WE SHOULD ALL CHIP IN 20P AND GIVE HIM HIS 5 BACK

I MAY PUT THE COINS IN A SOCK AND SWING FOR HIM !

BUT HE WOULD GET A REFUND

I think you should take a long hard look at yourself before calling someone a prick - typing your post all in caps and using lots of insults, along with the DREADED *plays creepy music* "you're supposed to be playing for me!!" line makes you look like a complete and utter wanker.

Oh, and saying that you'd like to swing for someone hardly puts you across as being intelligent. He had a valid point, I thought the last couple of Fudge nights have been pretty poor compared to ones in the past, but the venue has a lot to do with it, I suspect the nights would have been far better at Drakes than at Moshulu.

Incidentally, the only person making a prick of themselves here is you =)

ok violence don't help anything!

and i was foolish to credit people with knowing i wouldnt smack a guy with a sock of 20p's

but!

in the real world you cant ask people to play gigs @ audio dropouts or fudge and then take the piss

i beleve the only 2 'cedar rose' bookings are 1 fudge night 1 audio dropouts night

and 'cloud' i will say 'play for me' coz shows dont just happen coz bands sit around slag'n each other off its coz some people put there money where there mouth is and put gigs on and its promoters pick the line ups.

and its a real shame coz theres so much pure talent in CEDAR ROSE (ex Phil) and the thought that they may suffer now he's 'mr promoter crittic 2004' a real shame and if i was in his band i would be having words!!!

Just thinking about this now, I think the Simon Gall band ruined it for me - Spike Piledriver followed by the Cuts was inspired (SPD are a great, great opening band..probably the best band in Aberdeen as far as doing that is concerned) - I missed the last two bands, but by all accounts, I'd have probably enjoyed them more...it's just the Simon Gall band seemed more like pretentious art wank than something enjoyable.

I was going to hammer Fudge for their booking policy at the last couple of gigs, but the Drakes show on Thursday looks fantastic, and I dare say that it'll be a success.

Anyway, if I was in the promotions business, I'd be happy for bands to slate me for my choices provided it was constructive feedback, I think the problem with Fudge is that they've had some excellent lineups in the past, so the last two Moshulu nights have been odd, to say the least.

I don't know, I'm tired and speaking shite - but I get the feeling that Fudge need to reinvent themselves to get people talking..they've got the name, they put the effort into promotions, so why not a blatant reinvention? Couldn't hurt, surely..