aberdeen-music

The wii thread

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I did a search but all I could find was people selling their wii. Seems sad, but then I'm only 4 days into ownership so maybe in another week the novelty will have worn off for me too.

So far it is exactly what I hoped, a console that has more in common with a SNES than the rest (and isn't hung up on recreating war sims that are so hyperrealistic that you end up shellshocked in a mental hospital after playing them). Now I just need to expand my collection past Mario Kart. My sights are set on Smash Bros & House Of The Dead...what else is worth a look?

Sadly my wii doesn't get much use these days (quiet at the back!). A combination of completing all decent (IMHO) single player games for it and a lack of multiplayer action on mario kart has left it gathering dust beside my tv.

I'd say it must be at least 4 months since it was last switched on. This makes me sad.

sounds like you've got shit games

To be honest, the number of shit games on Wii far exceed the number of good ones. There are hardly any decent third-party titles, with the best games usually being the next iteration in the Nintendo franchises (Mario, Smash Bros., Metroid, Zelda etc.).

The rest of the games are complete shovelware apart from a select few, and these rarely sell well because most Wii owners like buying shit that they think will help them lose weight or become more intelligent (you can find proof here).

Games worth checking out:

No More Heroes

House Of The Dead 2 & 3 / Overkill

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

MadWorld

Okami (a port of a PS2 game)

Tatsunoko vs Capcom (doubt it will be released here though)