aberdeen-music

Batman: Arkham Asylum

paranoid

Your loss really.

:up:

Not at all. "One of the best games ever"? Are you serious? It just looks like a run-of-the-mill 3rd person action game. People said the same thing about God of War and that was just a dumbed down version of Devil May Cry, yet it was critically acclaimed. Yeah it was fun, but you can't really compare it to the likes of Doom, A Link to the Past/Ocarina and Super Mario Bros., all of which set a new standard or completely redefined their respective genre - even the video game industry itself.

No-one will care about this game in a year, and many will look back on it and go "yeah, it was good fun, but it's just another game in a stagnant genre".

• Upvote 1

Not at all. "One of the best games ever"? Are you serious? It just looks like a run-of-the-mill 3rd person action game. People said the same thing about God of War and that was just a dumbed down version of Devil May Cry, yet it was critically acclaimed. Yeah it was fun, but you can't really compare it to the likes of Doom, A Link to the Past/Ocarina and Super Mario Bros., all of which set a new standard or completely redefined their respective genre - even the video game industry itself.

No-one will care about this game in a year, and many will look back on it and go "yeah, it was good fun, but it's just another game in a stagnant genre".

Nothing compares to Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters!

Looks like?!?! So you haven't played this game then?

Tell me, what exactly are you basing these strong views upon?

o_O

Looks like?!?! So you haven't played this game then?

Tell me, what exactly are you basing these strong views upon?

o_O

It was more a criticism of the hype than the actual game, but I think that from what I have seen, it gives me a fair enough judgement about what the game is like. I watched the Gametrailers review and have seen countless trailers and articles published on Joystiq and Kotaku, and I realised it didn't make me want to rush out and buy it. To be honest I didn't see anything special about it. There was the demo available on Steam as well but the trailers put me off downloading.

I guess it is understandable for you to get so defensive about a game you said was one of the best ever...

It was more a criticism of the hype than the actual game, but I think that from what I have seen, it gives me a fair enough judgement about what the game is like. I watched the Gametrailers review and have seen countless trailers and articles published on Joystiq and Kotaku, and I realised it didn't make me want to rush out and buy it. To be honest I didn't see anything special about it. There was the demo available on Steam as well but the trailers put me off downloading.

I guess it is understandable for you to get so defensive about a game you said was one of the best ever...

Fair enough, each to their own I suppose.

:up::up:

Oh spot on young man. I used to love that game, those spikes that came out of the wall and flung you around like a rag doll were a proper bastard. An AMIGA classic.

I used to like standing on the spot and rotating the joystick like a bastard unleashing a tide of death on the robot scum. Or stand at the top of an escalator picking them off as they come up :p

Outrageous! Or maybe not, I haven't played Devil May Cry... but is Devil May Cry a lot like running around in a Ray Harryhausen movie?

Anyway, God of War = awesome. Carry on...

Just to be pedantic as well as offtopic, it was an Atari arcade game before it was an Amiga game as well. :p

But that brings us back to batman, kind of, as I had the Batman A500 pack :up:

I'm not entirely sure pedantry was required as i don't recall anyone saying that it was only an Amiga game...

Regardless, it was great. :up: