aberdeen-music

Gig Shark Aberdeen

FatHand

Hi, thanks for the post - and for being our first Aberdeen band! (and to ascenscion for being our second!)

The Gig Shark is a new listings site for Aberdeen. You make a profile, upload a picture and mp3 and add your upcoming gigs. People searching the listings for a date can click on your name and listen to your stuff.

It's all free for anyone to use, and it's growing all the time. We love to hear people's ideas for the site. We started with our friends here in Edinburgh and it grew from there. Someone we met at a gig suggested Inverness, and while adding listings I found the Super Six Funk Machine (fantastic- itching to get to a gig now!) who wanted an Aberdeen one!

Check out Aberdeen's Shark and if you have any comments or ideas let me know :)

Thanks

Karl

Hi, thanks for the post - and for being our first Aberdeen band! (and to ascenscion for being our second!)

The Gig Shark is a new listings site for Aberdeen. You make a profile, upload a picture and mp3 and add your upcoming gigs. People searching the listings for a date can click on your name and listen to your stuff.

It's all free for anyone to use, and it's growing all the time. We love to hear people's ideas for the site. We started with our friends here in Edinburgh and it grew from there. Someone we met at a gig suggested Inverness, and while adding listings I found the Super Six Funk Machine (fantastic- itching to get to a gig now!) who wanted an Aberdeen one!

Check out Aberdeen's Shark and if you have any comments or ideas let me know :)

Thanks

Karl

ctrl + D'd the site. I hope it grows. good luck.

• 4 months later...
Seemed as if it had potential to be a bit more involved than just a calendar. i.e. the whole profile thing. The kiosque is good, that other one is mintal but it's got everything you need I suppose.

Cheers,

Our gig guide will be expanding soon by the way. Noticed a few others both online and print springing up too which is all good. Thing is, there are so many last minute changes etc (especially with Drummonds/Tunnels) that they're out of date as soon as they're published.

That's not a dig at those venues by the way. It's the same everywhere.

We don't need more listings sites....ONE good one which EVERYBODY looked at would be just fine..............................and make life a lot simpler!

That's what I was thinking. So can we all just agree on one? Kiosque could be done with a grid calendar format, Biz's one should keep off the drugs... a happy medium needs to be found.

That's what I was thinking. So can we all just agree on one? Kiosque could be done with a grid calendar format, Biz's one should keep off the drugs... a happy medium needs to be found.

i think if the kiosque had a grid calendar format as you say, it would be perfect.

Thing is, I'm not a huge fan of grids/calendars. I am going to expand it though and having one big long list won't work so I'm looking at different ways of doing it. Cheers for the kind words though everyone...

It's just easier to view, ken? Maybe even have an option, so you can choose to view it as a grid or as a list? I dunno.

It's just easier to view, ken? Maybe even have an option, so you can choose to view it as a grid or as a list? I dunno.

No, I'm with you just find them a bit clunky and part of the reason the site works is it's clean and simple.

Will probably end up being something you can view either weekly or monthly.

Whatever it is, it'll take a wee while to organise so bear with me!

maybe just a wee clickable calendar off to the side which brings up a list? It certainly helps to have a visual of the dates somewhere so you can see at a glance what day of the week things are on an plan accordingly (work, uni, etc). I know it's not much of a hassle to just think about it for a sec but my mind very much works according to the calendar by which I mean I see weekdays in blocks of five and wknds two days at the end... if that makes any sense. In other words, if it's all just presented in a list I generally get a bit lost, even if the days and dates are there in front of my eyes.

here's the site I use at the moment for where I've been staying (only till the end of the month, then back to abdn, hence why I looked up this gigshark site)

Agenda concerts, concert dans le Nord - Lille La Nuit .com - Sortir sur lille - Agenda et Annuaire culturels du grand Nord

ignore more of it but the little calendar + list works well. The listings aren't stuck inside little boxes but you've still got that grid element.

maybe just a wee clickable calendar off to the side which brings up a list? It certainly helps to have a visual of the dates somewhere so you can see at a glance what day of the week things. I know it's not much of a hassle to just think about it for a sec but my mind very much works according to the calendar by which I mean I see weekdays in blocks of five and wknds two days at the end... if that makes any sense. In other words, if it's all just presented in a list I generally get a bit lost, even if the days and dates are there in front of my eyes.

No, makes total sense and it's along those lines I'm thinking of anyway, cheers.