aberdeen-music

Animal Welfare

I have been checking out a few Web sites in regards to how I can help stop suffering in animals which are breeded to be slaughtered for Meat. Having watched a Cow being slaughtered the process absolutely disgust me. Basically I thought Cow's etc were given a quick death, naivly thinking they were given a bullet through the brain or something similar. But to my shock the animals are strung upside down, stunned by electric shock then have the Jugular slit with a Knife! In a video I watched the Cow wasn't even stunned properly, and ended up kicking and trying to free itself from the chain while bleeding slowly and painfully to death! It was absolutey shocking to watch.

Now I am a strict Vegetarian, but I'm not naive enough to expect everyone to become one and therefore save the torture of these poor animals. But surely in this day and age we can find a more humane way of slaughtering our animals.

And before anyone says it, the arguement that it makes the beef more succulant or whatever, cuts no ice with me.

Tomas

Sounds like you may have seen a video/picture of a halal/kosher slaughter. Not too sure though but think i remember hearing about it before.

Kosher is I believe a ritualistic slaughter method

BBC NEWS | UK | Halal and Kosher slaughter 'must end'

No this is how Cow's (not sure about other animals) are slaughtered in the UK, the Video I watched was taken from a UK based slaughter house. I'm led to believe that in ritualistic slaughters the animals are not even stunned. But I think that is a totally different discussion.

Tomas

I really do think the way some animals are slaughtered is an absolutely appauling but the whole "humane murder" debate is a neverending circle.

I'm all for animal welfare and all that but fuck the preachy whining vegans. I love red meat and white meat equally and i love my veg. eat yer meat and eat yer greens and shut the fuck up.

Now i am going to have a sirloin minute steak sandwich and shut the fuck up.

• Upvote 1

Vegan propaganda is a wonderful thing.

Been watching Peta videos before bedtime again, have we?

Not really, did a bit of research over the weekend and was surprised at what I found, that is all

And I don't think I ever mentioned anyone being or becoming Vegans, I am fully aware that this would be a ridiculous Ideology to have. But, I don't see why we can't use our advanced knowledge to save other living creatures suffering pain in order for us to survive

Not really, did a bit of research over the weekend and was surprised at what I found, that is all

And I don't think I ever mentioned anyone being or becoming Vegans, I am fully aware that this would be a ridiculous Ideology to have. But, I don't see why we can't use our advanced knowledge to save other living creatures suffering pain in order for us to survive

there is no need for us to eat living animals. in many respects meat is bad for us. i have been vegetarian for over 20 years and feel a lot better for it. meat consumption in the western world is reducing. in a few generations it may well be a thing of the past.

all this crap (for every animal you don't eat i'll eat three pish) is childish bollox. if these people were really so cock sure they should go and take an animal about their size and weight on a one to one basis, say a small wolf.... then we could see who would feast on who... the whole concept of eating another living being when the odds are stacked in our favour is nothing to be proud of.

i share your sentiment

all this crap (for every animal you don't eat i'll eat three pish) is childish bollox. if these people were really so cock sure they should go and take an animal about their size and weight on a one to one basis, say a small wolf.... then we could see who would feast on who... the whole concept of eating another living being when the odds are stacked in our favour is nothing to be proud of.

i share your sentiment

Bored!!!!!

Thanks for that, condescending vegetarian..

condescending? how do you work that out?

Hope you don't eat soya products though. The bulldozers clearing the rainforests ain't exactly the underdogs.

oh, here we go....the "you can't prove carrots dont have feelings" malarkey

face it, you enjoy eating the flesh of a (once) living animal, 'cause you think it tastes good, which is all well and good when you are completely remote from its suffering and plight. you could be forgiven for failing to recognise that half the shit in the meat counter of a super market had anything to do with an animal, until the quality control fails and you get a nice piece of meat with a cyst in it...

let me guess, you eat mat at least three times a week, but i bet you've never slaughtered an animal in your life.

I'm not a whiny vegan as I unfortunately eat meat and will not preach, but it sounds very much like people on this site haven't read any of the arguments from moral philosophers in the last 70 years, so it is the whiny "I've heard it all before" carnivores on this site who should shut the fuck up.

All I'll suggest is that you read at least some of Peter Singers books for a start and then maybe start to form part of an opinion in this debate instead of jumping in with the old "whiny vegan" routine.

I mean if we changed the subject ever so slightly to another highly unpopular moral progression then we have the almost analogous:

"I'm tired of these whiny anti-slavery people telling me to feel guilty and morally inferior. Oh and if someone tells me that they refuse to keep a slave then I just buy three!"

let me guess, you eat mat at least three times a week, but i bet you've never slaughtered an animal in your life.

I eat meat on a regular basis, not out of spite but that is subject to change.

I also slaughter kittens on a regular basis but thats cool because the ukranians do that and they're like such a third world country ... like oh my god. We have to make sure the third worlds don;t feel alienated.

Personally i think we should stamping out the use of weed killers ...... o_O.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a whiny vegan as I unfortunately eat meat and will not preach, but it sounds very much like people on this site haven't read any of the arguments from moral philosophers in the last 70 years, so it is the whiny "I've heard it all before" carnivores on this site who should shut the fuck up.

All I'll suggest is that you read at least some of Peter Singers books for a start and then maybe start to form part of an opinion in this debate instead of jumping in with the old "whiny vegan" routine.

I mean if we changed the subject ever so slightly to another highly unpopular moral progression then we have the almost analogous:

"I'm tired of these whiny anti-slavery people telling me to feel guilty and morally inferior. Oh and if someone tells me that they refuse to keep a slave then I just buy three!"

Well how about we agree to disagree ..... the planet is a fucking shit sandwich and we all gotta take a bit.:up:

there is no need for us to eat living animals. in many respects meat is bad for us. i have been vegetarian for over 20 years and feel a lot better for it. meat consumption in the western world is reducing. in a few generations it may well be a thing of the past.

i share your sentiment

I fucking hate preachy vegetablists.

:swearing:

It's completely natural for us to eat meat, Chimpanzees, bonobos and other apes do. Just as choosing not to eat meat is natural(its a decision made by the human mind)

The only problem is that we have far too much of in our diets today

Skuzzlebut: Before you go any further our ancestors ate meat well before they had the concept of vegetarian or vegan, so please explain further why you think meat eating will become obsolete, I'd love to hear your argument, your move :)

Skuzzlebut: Before you go any further our ancestors ate meat well before they had the concept of vegetarian or vegan, so please explain further why you think meat eating will become obsolete, I'd love to hear your argument, your move :)

for the record, i am not an advocate of veganism. we humans are omnivore: we can survive on vegetation or meat or both. i chose not to eat meat.

an essential part of our very early ancestors development was the consumption, not only of meat, but of brains... low grade sausages and pies apart, we dont eat brains anymore, we dont need to. we evolved.

i haven't eaten meat (practically fuck all) in 20 years. i dont need to. i am yet to hear any compelling argument as to why we need to eat meat. your move...