aberdeen-music

Mesa/Boogie Mk lll Simulclass Combo with EV.

User name

In truly Immaculate condition with all new valves (Mullards-Mesa/Boogie). Simulclass switch. Can be used with 4 6L6's or two 6L6's and two EL34's.

Original EV speaker reconed 6 months ago by EV.

Open to realistic offers and may do a px deal for a Fender Deluxe Reverb.

Flight case to fit sold separately.

Also for sale, Mesa Engineering Thiele cab loaded with original Black Shadow 1x12 C90. New condition with cover.

In truly Immaculate condition with all new valves (Mullards-Mesa/Boogie). Simulclass switch. Can be used with 4 6L6's or two 6L6's and two EL34's.

Also for sale, Mesa Engineering Thiele cab loaded with original Black Shadow 1x12 C90. New condition with cover.

enlighten me if you would... i thought you can only install Mesa Boogie 6l6's in a Boogie, the whole idea is that the valves are preselected and rebranded by Boogie that are matched to the bias point of their amps...

what is a Mullard Mesa/ Boogie Valve? (it's news to me)

Hi, how much for the 1x12 cab?

And to answer the other guys question - I have a Mark IV and the manual actively encourages the owner to change the outer two valves to EL34's, for a more "British" sound.

The valves in mine are all matched Svetlanas and it's sweeter than something sweet studying syrup at the univerity of saccharine in demerara

enlighten me if you would... i thought you can only install Mesa Boogie 6l6's in a Boogie, the whole idea is that the valves are preselected and rebranded by Boogie that are matched to the bias point of their amps...

what is a Mullard Mesa/ Boogie Valve? (it's news to me)

i'm witting keich... i'll try again.

in my mesa, f-50, the manual instructs you to use only 6l6's (selected and rebranded by mesaB) which in turn means you are limited in what you can use for power valves, but also means you dont have to rebias...

so whats the score with the markIV re power valves and rebiasing?

cheers

(the other guy)

Any brand of 6L6 and EL34 can be used as long as they are matched for a boogie. If you go to watford valves for example you just tell them you want them for a mesa and he will select them just like that.

If you just took any valve it might run too hot or cold

Mesa valves in my opinion are unreliable and quite muddy and fuzzy in tone and overpriced. They are actually just rebranded russian valves sold with the mesa logo at double the price (so i have heard)

I use svetlana winged C 6l6 and EL34 in my boogies, they are reliable and give the power section a nice warm crunch that doesn't lose any definition.

Heard a lot of good reports about mullards being excellent in the mark series, they are quite expensive though

Hi, how much for the 1x12 cab?

And to answer the other guys question - I have a Mark IV and the manual actively encourages the owner to change the outer two valves to EL34's, for a more "British" sound.

The valves in mine are all matched Svetlanas and it's sweeter than something sweet studying syrup at the univerity of saccharine in demerara

My diezel herbert is the same as far as mixing and matching. You can mix the 6L6 and El34 or 6550 but I haven't tried it. Its always been loaded with El34's. Might hAve to give it a try tho

• Upvote 1

Any brand of 6L6 and EL34 can be used as long as they are matched for a boogie. If you go to watford valves for example you just tell them you want them for a mesa and he will select them just like that.

nice one, never even occurred to me that a third party could perform the same selection.

If you just took any valve it might run too hot or cold

yep was aware of that...

Mesa valves in my opinion are unreliable and quite muddy and fuzzy in tone and overpriced. They are actually just rebranded russian valves sold with the mesa logo at double the price (so i have heard)

again agreed. i heard they were chinease sold at four times the price, but hey that's the rumour mill.

I use svetlana winged C 6l6 and EL34 in my boogies, they are reliable and give the power section a nice warm crunch that doesn't lose any definition.

ok

Heard a lot of good reports about mullards being excellent in the mark series, they are quite expensive though

i bought a set of mullards for my matamp a couple of years ago (el34) they were a tenner... now these "mullards" are made in russia by a company that supposedly bought the tooling for the mullards of old...