aberdeen-music

KARTTA @ Snafu DHC, Thurs Sept 3rd. We bid you Farewell...

I am looking forward to this muchly.

I was meant to be in Edinburgh and returning at 12 with the plan to run from the station and hope the bands overran. But for various reasons Im not in the Burgh anymore. So i can see these guys! Yas!

Its sad to see everyone leaving but you guys are all moving on to bigger and better things im sure and itll be a nice send off to see you guys play DHC.

I remember the early days of DHC which were the quiz with tony, followed by me and nick shabbily trying to piece a DJ set together and mainly the kartta boys in attendance every week - often just them by the end - dancing and boozing. Good times.

That was a while ago but im going to dig out some old skool DHC tunes for the night, play Damaged Goods, Shoreline, Interpol and some Funk to keep Rob happy.

I personally credit that to Snafu more than myself but i guess were all pulling in the same direction. Their branding and marketing is so impressive and possibly the key to it all and its also an amazing space, setup and play.

But yeah, it has blown up to be pretty cool night. Id like to take it in a slightly different direction musically - back to more bands and disco electro as opposed to heavy electro.

That's a fair point and I love how Snafu market DHC. They do fairly bust their chops to make nights work.

It's not like you were sitting on a laurels though...well, maybe once in a while with a tinnie !-)

I think you're right to try and push for a different angle though. The rotating roster for the Wednesday nights seem to cover heavy electro pretty well.

Have you heard the latest Sunset Rubdown album? Get the "Idiot Heart" track. Belter of a tune.

Thanks to everyone who came down last night - it was a fantastic night and I have to say I enjoyed every part of it....except possibly for the stupid little encore for which I apologize. I was completely taken off guard by that and jumped on the first idea that came into my head. What a goose.

Otherwise that was most fun. Thanks again. I'm gonna see if I could drop a few EP's into One Up. We've some left so if you want one, try there or maybe PM me and I'll see if I can arrange to meet up with you or post it out.

Back to bed now. :music:

Guest idol_wild

That was pretty epic.

A massive thanks to those who came down and offered such amazing support. That also extends to those who have been supportive of Kartta over the past three years in general.

<3

Got there in time after work to see the guitar trio performance. Absolutely phenomenal! Really, really enjoyed it. Well done to whoever played/organised the logistics of it. Was there a practice beforehand?

Kartta were really good as well. Second to last song in particular was a highlight personally.