aberdeen-music

Funk Machine Future Events

FatHand

Here are a list of Dates and confirmed acts. I'll just make this a rolling list adding to it as I book them.

Saturday 12th SEPT in Tunnel 1

Das Contras (Fife)

DAS CONTRAS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Das Contras: a six-headed musical monster with a Latin temperament, an axe to grind, two devilish horns & a rock n roll heart.

Born in Fife, nurtured in Stockholm and corrupted in Glasgow, Das Contras have been performing their unique funk/folk/jazz/rock since 2005.

Since winning the PRS New Music Award in 2006 the band have played hundreds of concerts from Auld Reekie to New York.

Live highlights include tour shows with Ozomatli, Acoustic Ladyland, Terry Callier, Marlena Shaw & Candi Staton and festivals in the US & Europe

Thursday 24th SEPT in Tunnel 2

Funked up Fresher with Az-I Cool and Klunk (Aberdeen local night)

Az-I Cool on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Good friends of Super Six Funk Machine, Az-I Cool join forces again along with local Funk gurus Klunk.

Saturday 24th October in Tunnel 1

Brascoe (London)

Brascoe (New Tracks Up) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The brainchild of Joe Kehoe (DJ Trex, drum and bass worldwide), Brascoe comprises of Joe, Ella Jones, Eljay, Chilli and Nina Provencal, each bringing their own skills to the table. The sound is fresh: Drum and bass meets soul and hip-hop, music you can MOVE TO AND BE MOVED BY. Working with Jody Street of the Rural, Brascoe are finishing their album at the moment and getting set to start touring, so watch this space!

Friday 6th November Drummonds

The 27 Club (Newcastle)

THE 27 CLUB on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The 27 Club create an energetic live mix of hip hop, funk, jazz, soul and rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some groups that we're interested in having up to play in Aberdeen, wouldn't mind the opinions of folks to gauge their interest. These ones are all in the upper regions and will require plenty of cash, we'll likely choose one to take a risk on next year.

FUNKSHONE on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Maybe cool, however, to keep up with the Newcastle connection we seem to have going on:

SMOOVE & TURRELL on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I'll put up more when I have more time. Take some time to listen and let me know if you like.