aberdeen-music

Inglourious Basterds

diarmaid

Went to see this last night at vue. Have to say its actually pretty good. Read reviews saying its brilliant and the best thing hes done, and others saying its fucking awful. Its neither, but its definitely worth a watch.

Its actually quite strange since almost half, if not more, of it is effectively a foreign film. Which is excellent. At least its not english speaking actors failing at german and french accents.

The films worth seeing for Christoph Waltz alone who is absolutely brilliant. Brad Pitts also good, if not a bit hammy at times. As most reviews think, it is a bit ridiculous, but all in all its a good movie.

Anyone else seen or planning to see it?

Christopher Waltz steals the show, has some of the best momments in the movie, anyone else suprised about mike myers actually playing a good character, only brief but good.

That was amazing scene with Churchill and Myers! I liked how it was parallel to the first Hitler scene in terms of style and stereotype.

I loved every scene with the english soldier.

Yep i loved it also. The chapter featuring the bar scene was my pick of the bunch. The slow build up in tension was superb.C Waltz wasn't in that scene but he lit up the rest of the movie. BINGOOOOOOOOO. Classic. Oh and how much did you want some of that strudle he was chomping on. Plus did anyone cacth Harvy Keitel's voice on the phone near the end. Nice touch as hes really supported Q T 's films through the years. Indeed he championed the script for R Dogs and put alot of his money into the project cos he believed in it so much. Finally i found the credits funny when they added the usual line of "any characters in this film that resemble anyone in real life is only coincidental" errr that guy in the small black tach who was that again?

I thought it was great for all of the things mentioned above and also because every German man who wasn't really part of the cast was named Herman. For some reason that made me laugh. Just a very fun movie.

We did feel as if we had been sitting there for hours though, but in a good way, which was strange. Had been wondering how he was going to get the foot fetish in there but he certainly managed it.

Cool interview with Tarantino about Basterds here (beware, spoilers)

BFI | Sight & Sound | Days of Gloury

Just read it, excellent interview. Always great to hear a director talk about his movie with such enthusiasm and knowledge of every little possible aspect.

Actually really want to go see it again. So think that'll be my plan for this week.

Just read it, excellent interview. Always great to hear a director talk about his movie with such enthusiasm and knowledge of every little possible aspect.

Actually really want to go see it again. So think that'll be my plan for this week.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Most of my friends haven't thought very much of it at all for some reason. I can't understand it, I mean I thought it had the most satisfying movie climax since There Will Be Blood. How can you not love Tarantino?