aberdeen-music

Mesa/Boogie F50 Combo - Sale/Swap

Diesel

Mesa/Boogie F50 Combo

This versatile 1x12 combo is in very good condition and comes with a footswitch.

I bought this in London a couple of weeks ago, but managed to score a Mesa/Boogie MkIV today.

Would consider an exchange for a Les Paul.

I'll post some photos later.

PM for more details

Mesa/Boogie F50 Combo

This versatile 1x12 combo is in very good condition and comes with a footswitch.

I bought this in London a couple of weeks ago, but managed to score a Mesa/Boogie MkIV today.

Would consider an exchange for a Les Paul.

I'll post some photos later.

PM for more details

Geewhizz min! you're worse than me. So what's the differentce between the F50 and the IV, or is that a silly question. I'm not up with the mesa. Had a Nomad once....way to much buttons for me;))

Geewhizz min! you're worse than me. So what's the differentce between the F50 and the IV, or is that a silly question. I'm not up with the mesa. Had a Nomad once....way to much buttons for me;))

Well, the F50 is a fairly straightforward 2-channel amp and the Mark IV has more buttons than the Space Shuttle!

The F50 sounds fantastic, but the Mark IV is way out there in the tone stratosphere!

Amazingly, the Mark IV has a tiny footprint (about the size of a DSL-40) but weighs a TON!

I was going to go for a mark 4 last year but opted for the roadster. I then was gonna go for the mark 5 but opted for the lonestar and the stilleto. Always wished i had gone for a 4 tho. Thats the signature sound of john petrucci. Is it the head or combo you have of the 4. Dont sell it if you get the urge as very soon they will rocket in price i think due to the mark 5 now replacing it.

Are they easy to dial in a good sound? I heard so much about them being so sensitive when it comes to shaping the tone that you have to sit with it for a fair length of time.

Anyway welcome to the mesa family, you made a good choice:D

I was going to go for a mark 4 last year but opted for the roadster. I then was gonna go for the mark 5 but opted for the lonestar and the stilleto. Always wished i had gone for a 4 tho. Thats the signature sound of john petrucci. Is it the head or combo you have of the 4. Dont sell it if you get the urge as very soon they will rocket in price i think due to the mark 5 now replacing it.

Are they easy to dial in a good sound? I heard so much about them being so sensitive when it comes to shaping the tone that you have to sit with it for a fair length of time.

Anyway welcome to the mesa family, you made a good choice:D

It's the Mark IV combo and I only just got it yesterday - so I won't be selling it for at least a week :laughing:

As for dialling in the tone, it's complex beast and I haven't had time to play with it yet.

Have a look on john petrucci's website. You can get his exact mark IV settings on it. Even if your not into him his settings make a good starting point for a rock sound.

Also there is a mesa boogie forum (not sure if I can give a reference to it on here)

its good for mesa settings and advice

Thanks for the info. I used it in anger yesterday at our band session and it sounds fantastic (despite the guitarist being me!).

The Mk IV takes quite a bit of setting up, but the manual is excellent.

I think most Mesa Boogies (specially the mark 4 and 5) take a lot of playing around as theres usually so many functions on them. They are awesome though. The manuals are the bees knees as they really go into depth with the amp. I totally love my boogies.

If you ever get the chance to try one, I would recommend trying the Lonestar Classic. Its got an amazing clean channel and the drive channel is total ZZtop Texas crunch.

If you ever want to try one I can let you hear mine (Its the long head version but with Mesa cabs)