aberdeen-music

The Tunnels on Twitter

jcn

• 2 weeks later...
No mention of Talk Show and Amy Sawers tonight in Tunnels in the What's on guide on Aberdeen Music .I wish promoters and bands would tell us what is going on in the one place on here you sorta expect them to spill the beans .

Talkshow gig was a private hire, in that they had paid to use Tunnels for their album launch meaning on the whole its up to them to promote it and to be fair it was very busy so good on them. Must have done something right. Was a really good night. Redfoot The Fence were awesome as always and really impressed with Amy again. Talkshow completed a good night that made work a lot more pleasant! Until the dance shit started at 11pm of course! :)

Its a good job your calming words of "dont be a cunt" worked a treat to the twat at the door though, otherwise it couldve been worse - although I'm sure the trusty doormen had it all control!

Yeah, that was pretty good actually :p

They had the not letting people back into the club thing right down to the letter ;)

Having a twitter presence can be really useful, great for announcements building expectations and wonderful as last minute reminder/suggestion of what to do that night.

There's nothing better than sitting at a loose end of an evening and reading a message about a gig to go to in an hour or two - fantastic service for everyone involved on both sides :)

But please, please, PLEASE quit with the "get X-hundred followers" tweets! Don't descend into the useless shambles that is @OxjamAberdeen

If you want more followers then be interesting and/or useful, not spammy. It's frustrating to have few followers but having lots of random strangers is pointless - spam retweets of "get more followers" will stop real interested folks from following & reading.

And to stop this being all negative, some thoughts from my experience: Maybe use a sprinkling of hashtags now & again to aid searchers finding relevant tweets, eg. "tonight at Tunnels, Headline + Support, 4 14+ #aberdeen #gig"

Or competitions have worked well, offering a ticket or two for chosen-at-random people who follow or who retweet a gig ad for you.

Also, perform your own searches on twitter, look for folk mentioning aberdeen gigs, what to do in aberdeen, folk mentioning a night out in aberdeen, that sort of thing - add them and suggest a night at the tunnels!

(sorry if some of this sounds patronising or just far too long-winded to read, just been that sort of day here!)

But please, please, PLEASE quit with the "get X-hundred followers" tweets! Don't descend into the useless shambles that is @OxjamAberdeen

Yeah sorry about that, I didn't know what it was. I was flapping about like a mad thing to delete it. Er, minor administrative error, apologies for the inconvenience :D

Cheers for the advice, I'm new to Twitter so any handy hints are well appreciated :up:

Looks like it's a script sending tweets on your behalf - Twitter-Train? "We may use your account to promote our services" :down:

A change of password should do the trick for this one I think!

Twitter Train)

Been noticing this kind of thing/hack a lot more of late, we haven't been affected as yet though.

On a side note, it's pointless trying to 'gain followers' when it's just going to be random people, especially if you're going after a specific audience.

For the record, it's been really good for us and can be just as important as the site at times (albeit it reaches a much smaller audience, but they tend to be the type of people we're after.)

We're here by the way:

The Kiosque (thekiosque) on Twitter

Looks like it's a script sending tweets on your behalf - Twitter-Train? "We may use your account to promote our services" :down:

*edit* or possibly trusting to the STOP link on their site: Twitter Train)

Arse burgers!! I go to sleep and my whole Twitter world goes to hell in a handcart.

Changed password, I hope I have avenged these spammers :up: Twitter (when it works) is ace and I think it will help people if they are at a loose end and don't know where to go. I hope to capture the 'floating voters' as it were.

Btw The Kiosque is awesome :D

*edit* or possibly trusting to the STOP link on their site: Twitter Train)

Arse burgers!! I go to sleep and my whole Twitter world goes to hell in a handcart.

Changed password, I hope I have avenged these spammers :up: Twitter (when it works) is ace and I think it will help people if they are at a loose end and don't know where to go. I hope to capture the 'floating voters' as it were.

Btw The Kiosque is awesome :D