aberdeen-music

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR + AXIS OF + TURNING 13 + CARSON WELLS = Thur 1 Oct

The Ghost Of Fudge

Fudge present, at The Tunnels

Thursday 1st October 2009

7.30pm doors, tbc

The return of Belfast's mighty post-rock force of nature...

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

plus

THE XCERTS

AXIS OF

and local supports tbc

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

ASIWYFA (ALBUM IN THE SHOPS) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We put these guys on at the Black Tooth last year, and I think they might have been my favourite band. Complex instrumental rock from Belfast, signed to Smalltown America, and with Japanese tours and suchlike under their belts already. They're going to be huge.

"Really rather special...it is rare for a body of work to be so dreamy and elegiac yet conversely monstrously heavy... Sounds like the end of the world."- KERRANG!

"Imagine Mogwai were from Belfast and had massive balls."- VICE MAG

"The sound of someone crashing an oil tanker through Sigur Ros' ice float."- NME

"Considered one of the most hotly tipped British bands around at the moment."- BIG CHEESE MAG

"Plucked from the very heavens!...Colossal."- LOSINGTODAY.COM

THE XCERTS

THE XCERTS - Album out NOW!!! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Y'all know the XCerts, I'm sure. According to the booker, they're the Scottish tour support. Although I see no evidence of this on their website. But if it all goes tits-up, there'll be another space on the bill for a local support act :)

AXIS OF

Axis Of on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Post-rock-slash-melodic-hardcore trio from Coleraine, Northern Ireland. Everyone loves an Irish band, and I'm sure you're no exception...

All this plus two local supports, to be confirmed. Kicks off 7.30pm.

• 2 weeks later...