aberdeen-music

The Huns - Pitied or Scolded?

Diesel

I refuse to ever accept that the type of 'hatred' spun from rivalry is the same 'hatred' that is spun from the religious reasons that continue to run deep through the Old Firm - fans and personnel.

You've also caused me to break my own personal rule of 'never get into an argument about the Old Firm', so congratulations. :)

I refuse to ever accept that the type of 'hatred' spun from rivalry is the same 'hatred' that is spun from the religious reasons that continue to run deep through the Old Firm - fans and personnel.

You've also caused me to break my own personal rule of 'never get into an argument about the Old Firm', so congratulations. :)

Aberdeen - Rangers. Some people say the hatred from you lot is worse than that of Celtic. So, accept it.

I hate arguing about the OF, only reason this happened is because, as usual, someone decided that the whole Rangers support are cunts.

Aberdeen - Rangers. Some people say the hatred from you lot is worse than that of Celtic. So, accept it.

I hate arguing about the OF, only reason this happened is because, as usual, someone decided that the whole Rangers support are cunts.

Well, they are. ;)

The hatred from Aberdeen toward Rangers has predominantly footballing reasons. This is the difference.

Is it? I thought Aberdeen hated Rangers and Celtic because.....they're the ugly sisters and a s tain on Scottish football?

That's a footballing reason...they do the game in Scotland no good - the league is not competitive, their actions at home and abroad often give non-Scots a bad impression of the Scottish game, the media is biased towards one or the other depending on which paper you're reading or which broadcaster you're listening to.

What's that got to do with a 20 point reduction? It's a further 10 points, 3 wins and a draw (or whatever other combinations).

I don't understand why you're picking at what I'm saying..? I'm not questioning your point. ?(

It's got nothing to do with a 20 point reduction, I'm just simply saying that good odds currently exist for Hearts to win the league with Celtic and Rangers starting the season with -30 points, if anything reinforcing your point.

I don't understand why you're picking at what I'm saying..? I'm not questioning your point. ?(

It's got nothing to do with a 20 point reduction, I'm just simply saying that good odds currently exist for Hearts to win the league with Celtic and Rangers starting the season with -30 points, if anything reinforcing your point.

I didn't understand what the purpose of your post was either. I do now.

Where was the uncalm in that post? I was being sardonic. Never mind.

It's like fishing with dynamite.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

It's been a long day.... time to go home I think.

Never fear though, my hypothetical points deduction will never happen. So it's all good. Smiles all round.

Dons for the league.

This wasn't quite what I expected to find on this site, but can I just remind everyone football is just a game

And since I have no real preference and I'm in Aberdeen, I shall make myself an Aberdeen fan. However, if that is against anyone who may give me some work, I can support what ever team you want.

Tomas

This wasn't quite what I expected to find on this site, but can I just remind everyone football is just a game

And since I have no real preference and I'm in Aberdeen, I shall make myself an Aberdeen fan. However, if that is against anyone who may give me some work, I can support what ever team you want.

Tomas

Don't do it - nothing but pain and misery.

Nah, you made the right choice, stick with it :up:

Honest question - do Rangers fans actually give a shit about Aberdeen, or is it a unilateral "rivalry"?

I'm an Aberdeen supporter, btw.

Honestly? Personally I think it's ridiculous that you lot still hold such harsh feelings for us, and I know quite a lot of other fans feel the same. I personally don't know why it is you do, and I'm not going to pretend I do know. I know some Rangers fans feel the same way, but as a whole it doesn't matter as much to us as it seems to for you lot.

Although I do feel the same way about the Celtic/Rangers rivalry(hatred if you like), but I can understand that a lot more through the whole history, that we are the main teams from the same city and the fact we are still in tough competition for the trophies each season, where as with Aberdeen, no offence, you lot are seen as just a hindrance to one of us winning the league/cups.

Other than the usual reasons for wishing Rangers every ill going, wasn't there some horror challenge that ratcheted everything up a notch for the Dons?

I remember there was one on Ian Durrant that nearly ruined his career, that's from our side though and was nearly 20 years ago.

The Jim Leighton one maybe?

Recently there was that wank of a boy Lafferty play acting I suppose.

Guest Motleyal

It was Neil Simpson on Ian Durrant- Aberdeen won 2-1. I remember Neale cooper scored for Rangers cos I was at the game in the family enclosure at the old beach end.

That tackled overshadowed 2 talented players careers, because unfortunately the neanderthal element glorify Simpson for it, when in fact he was a european cup winner who was a talented hard but fair player.

Durrant could have went far too, he was dynamite.