aberdeen-music

The Huns - Pitied or Scolded?

Diesel

What was said was that the screens went off, Rangers fans got a bit restless, security/police were said to have used the wrong tactics (force as it were) and things kicked off from there.

I'm not saying that did, or didn't happen, but it's very easy to make your mind up when you are simply someone looking in from the outside.

Rangers fans "got a bit restless"?

By which you mean:

Rangers fans started pelting the guy who was trying to fix it with beer bottles.

That came from my mate, who's a Rangers fan and who was in the crowd when it happened.

What was said was that the screens went off, Rangers fans got a bit restless, security/police were said to have used the wrong tactics (force as it were) and things kicked off from there.

I'm not saying that did, or didn't happen, but it's very easy to make your mind up when you are simply someone looking in from the outside.

why don't you fuck off to www.rangers-music.com & make your excuses there?

And were you there? Doesn't sound like it.

why don't you fuck off to www.rangers-music.com & make your excuses there?

And were you there? Doesn't sound like it.

Didn't realise I was living in Rangers.

Rangers fans "got a bit restless"?

By which you mean:

Rangers fans started pelting the guy who was trying to fix it with beer bottles.

That came from my mate, who's a Rangers fan and who was in the crowd when it happened.

Aye, that was uncalled for.

This has went somewhat off the whole reason I posted in the first place.

Guy's a cunt for tarring everyone with the same brush.

I post on the Manchester Music forums, and alot of folks on there spent most of the day of the final drinking with the Rangers fans on Piccadilly Gardens and then watching the game. Nobody seemed to have a bad word to say about them, and the general consensus was that the Police using force is what initiated the trouble. Obviously it goes both ways. It's not as black and white as suggesting it was purely 100% fans or police, and it was obviously going to be a combination of lousy policing, and a bit of hooliganism, which any club with a following of a couple of hundred thousand is bound to have if an unfortunate situation like that is to happen.

I still don't like Rangers though, but to blame every fan for what happened in Manchester is a bit irrational. If the powercut had have happened to any other clubs' travelling supporters, the same thing would have happened.

• Upvote 1

Oh my God, what have I started? :down:

I should have simply said - "Some Football Fans....". Still, the accents would have been at least a 1 in 5 giveaway.

This is me...:O

Note : I should point out that the Rangers fans in question were not behaving in a threatening manner. I merely wanted to illustrate the ridiculousness of the whole situation.

I post on the Manchester Music forums, and alot of folks on there spent most of the day of the final drinking with the Rangers fans on Piccadilly Gardens and then watching the game. Nobody seemed to have a bad word to say about them, and the general consensus was that the Police using force is what initiated the trouble. Obviously it goes both ways. It's not as black and white as suggesting it was purely 100% fans or police, and it was obviously going to be a combination of lousy policing, and a bit of hooliganism, which any club with a following of a couple of hundred thousand is bound to have if an unfortunate situation like that is to happen.

I still don't like Rangers though, but to blame every fan for what happened in Manchester is a bit irrational. If it had have happaned to any other clubs' travelling supporters, the same thing would have happened.

See this is what I was looking for, a bit

:up:

I am always embarrassed when I hear anything about a Rangers "fan" doing something shite, as what constantly happens, this thread being a great example, is everyone of us is branded a "knuckle dragging hun who's the shame of Scotland" by people who seem to know the details of every incident like they were there.

I still don't like Rangers though, but to blame every fan for what happened in Manchester is a bit irrational. If the powercut had have happened to any other clubs' travelling supporters, the same thing would have happened.

You were doing so well up until that last paragraph....

See this is what I was looking for, a bit

:up:

I am always embarrassed when I hear anything about a Rangers "fan" doing something shite, as what constantly happens, this thread being a great example, is everyone of us is branded a "knuckle dragging hun who's the shame of Scotland" by people who seem to know the details of every incident like they were there.

All Rangers fans are knuckle dragging arseholes who are the shame of Scotland. There's no getting away from it.

The above post is so close to the truth there's no point in arguing with it.

Aberdeen have some brain-dead idiots supporting them (the 'casuals' etc who don't really support the team, but enjoy a one-sided rammy), but Rangers attract more than their fair share of neanderthals. If only the Gers and the Celts would just bugger off to England and Ireland respectively, Scottish football would once again be a thing of beauty, instead of a guilty pleasure.

I think everyone in this thread going "nit, you're a cunt cos you support Rangers" is a fascist-adolf-hitler-like cunt.

Break out that rule about branding people Hitler, call me a twat etc etc I don't give a fuck.

Sweeping generalisations are no more acceptable with football than they are with any other scenario, don't fucking kid yourselves.

I think everyone in this thread going "nit, you're a cunt cos you support Rangers" is a fascist-adolf-hitler-like cunt.

Break out that rule about branding people Hitler, call me a twat etc etc I don't give a fuck.

Sweeping generalisations are no more acceptable with football than they are with any other scenario, don't fucking kid yourselves.

Stop making sweeping generalisations about people who don't like Rangers fans, Adolf.

• Upvote 1

Dons fans in Madrid were set upon by an Ultras group intent on fighting.

Rangers fans' reaction to a police presence:

YouTube - Glasgow Rangers "ICF" ? In Manchester 2008

Your point?

Some Rangers fans are cunts. Granted. So are some people. Fuck, I'm a cunt occasionally.

Until you can pick out this I'm Your God Now person from one of those videos being a knuckle dragging stain on Scottish football, stop being a cunt.

Your point?

Some Rangers fans are cunts. Granted. So are some people. Fuck, I'm a cunt occasionally.

Until you can pick out this I'm Your God Now person from one of those videos being a knuckle dragging stain on Scottish football, stop being a cunt.

My point is - he referenced Dons fans in Madrid as some kind of comparison between Rangers fans in Manchester. You will not find Aberdeen fans visiting another city and treating the police or locals the way Rangers fans did in Manchester [EDIT= nowadays], hence there is no comparison to be made.

My point is - he referenced Dons fans in Madrid as some kind of comparison between Rangers fans in Manchester. You will not find Aberdeen fans visiting another city and treating the police or locals the way Rangers fans did in Manchester [EDIT= nowadays], hence there is no comparison to be made.

I'm pretty much just repeating myself here. It's easy to decide what you like from seeing things in the media. The reason I brought up the Madrid thing was an example of how easily someone decide that it was a certain group who started everything and were the problem hearing/seeing it, in that case Aberdeen fans.

The main reason why things in Manchester were/looked so bad is because of the vast amount of people there. Compare the few thousand (maybe? Unless you've got a Celtic Seville calculator) fans who usually travel to Euro games, multiply that by ten - then obviously if trouble starts there's a fair chance that the people involved will be tenfold.

Hitler, one of the vilest Huns in history.......