aberdeen-music

The Huns - Pitied or Scolded?

Diesel

Not sure if this is the right forum as this post has more do do with Rangers fans than the actual sport of football, but here goes anyway...

Last week, I had a few days away in London with my lovely new girlfriend and this is an account of a surreal incident that occurred on the Underground...

We had been doing the tourist thing pretty much all day and were heading back to our hotel in Kensington on the Piccadilly Line (changing onto the Circle Line at South Kensington).

We were both pretty tired and I dozed off and when I woke up, our carriage was a sea of Royal Blue "Carling" branded shirts, filled with big fat tattooed men who were very, very drunk (just back from the Arsenal/Gers game I presumed).

"Oh fukkin no!" was my initial reaction.

Anyway, we sat quietly and nothing happened for the first few stops, the one of them - an older guy - spotted my girlfriend, who's black.

"Awright doll,?" he slurred, "you're pure gorgeous by-the-way, yiv goat that lovely broon skin, so ye huv"

G/F looks at me in a panic.

"S'awright doll, wur no' racist, so we urnae, aw Jock Tamsons bairns, y'know? Rabbie Burns....Rabbie Burns, he wiz the man, so he wiz!

"Jist like Nelson Mandela, so he wiz, Nelson Mandela wiz the man, soartit aw thae racist cunts out so he did...."

He then bursts into a chorus of "Free Nelson Mandela", just as our train arrives - mercifully - at South Kensington.

So, we got off at the station and left a trainload of Rangers fans, all enthusiatically belting out "Free-eeeeee Nelson Man-delaaaaaaaaaa"

You couldn't make this shit up! - I just wish I had recorded it on my mobile. It would have been a YouTube classic.

• Upvote 1

So the fact they are Rangers fans has what to do with it?

I'm not going to say that ALL Rangers fans are cunts, but incidents like this, when added to all the Manchester stuff, certainly seem to confirm my long held view that they have a higher proportion of cunts following them than any other team.

Rangers are a fucking disgrace. Trouble making cunts.

This article riles me no end..

In The Bygone Days Of Yore - The Aberdeen Weekend - Rangers FC - FollowFollow.com

What a pile of fucking shite, that prick reminds me of that dippy auld cunt that ran onto the pitch that game where Robbie Winters got a lighter off his coupon courtesy of Govan's unwashed finest and the riot police had to be brought out. Maybe it is him.

Lets face it, every club has an element of knob ends who just want to fight following them.It stands to reason that the thicker they are they more likely they are to follow the herd, and as such rangers and celtic have a higher number of said bell noshers in their support.

No club is completely innocent, Dons fans should read 'Congratulations - you have just met the Aberdeen Casuals' if you can bear to drag yourself through what is a terrible book. Similarly, Rnagers fans only need ot look at Manchester. Hibs apparently had a tear up with Bolton fans at the weekend. St Mirren fans spat on Ruud Gullit and Frank Rijkaard, and I've heard some of them were even making some disgraceful comments at the Wigan game this past weekend.

Unfortunately some people are just cunts, many of them follow football and think they're having fun.

No club is completely innocent, Dons fans should read 'Congratulations - you have just met the Aberdeen Casuals' if you can bear to drag yourself through what is a terrible book.

Obviously I'm nae disputing the fact that Dons fans have a record of causing trouble, but Dan Rivers' credibility is supposedly dubious at best.

• Upvote 1

You could go back and forth all day with Scottish teams and their 'dedicated travelling fans'.

Mind the Bradford pre-season game a few seasons back when the Aberdeen 'fans' got up to all sorts of bother?

As for Rangers in Manchester, whilst the 'fans' that did rampage cannot be excused for their subsequent behaviour, inviting them down early and allowing the hundreds of thousands of them to booze all day probably wasn't the smartest move by Manchester Police\Council.

I was in Madrid for the Athletico game, luckily I was already in the stadium when most of the violence kicked off but I was watching from the back of the stands at it looked like pandemonium.

There didn't seem to be much trouble and then bang, flares were going off and the police started moving in. No idea what set it off initally but there didn't seem to be much aggro beforehand.

I was in Madrid for the Athletico game, luckily I was already in the stadium when most of the violence kicked off but I was watching from the back of the stands at it looked like pandemonium.

There didn't seem to be much trouble and then bang, flares were going off and the police started moving in. No idea what set it off initally but there didn't seem to be much aggro beforehand.

I was there too and saw it like this:

- 6,000 Aberdeen fans descend on a major European city

- 5,000 of them have never visited such a place and have no idea how to behave ("Aye, Pedro, div ye nae spik English?")

- Drinking, singing, splashing in fountains, general harmless if a bit obnoxious fun ensues. (it's ok, we're Scottish!)

- Atletico Madrid Ultras see thousands of Aberdeen fans taking over the city centre and think "fuck this, let's show them"

- flares, fights, indescriminate police batons........

The Madrid free paper the next day blamed Aberdeen fans for starting the trouble. From what I could see the trouble was started outside the ground by the Altletithugs but I have to say that I was embarrassed by the general loutishness, although it wasn't violent, of a lot of our support.

Eh, no, the screens went off so you knuckle draggers decided to trash the fucking place.

What was said was that the screens went off, Rangers fans got a bit restless, security/police were said to have used the wrong tactics (force as it were) and things kicked off from there.

I'm not saying that did, or didn't happen, but it's very easy to make your mind up when you are simply someone looking in from the outside.

I'm not saying that did, or didn't happen, but it's very easy to make your mind up when you are simply someone looking in from the outside.

Yes, the CCTV evidence showing louts in Rangers relgalia hoofing a policeman's head in certainly made it easy for me to make my mind up.

I was there too and saw it like this:

- 6,000 Aberdeen fans descend on a major European city

- 5,000 of them have never visited such a place and have no idea how to behave ("Aye, Pedro, div ye nae spik English?")

- Drinking, singing, splashing in fountains, general harmless if a bit obnoxious fun ensues. (it's ok, we're Scottish!)

- Atletico Madrid Ultras see thousands of Aberdeen fans taking over the city centre and think "fuck this, let's show them"

- flares, fights, indescriminate police batons........

The Madrid free paper the next day blamed Aberdeen fans for starting the trouble. From what I could see the trouble was started outside the ground by the Altletithugs but I have to say that I was embarrassed by the general loutishness, although it wasn't violent, of a lot of our support.

See, the footage I remember of it was just Aberdeen fans having a right good time fucking things up, so that's how it looked to me.

I was in Manchester and would tell you a similar story to what you said just there, obviously which a change of teams etc.

Amazing what the media can do.

• Upvote 1