aberdeen-music

Anyone love It Bites?

diarmaid

Saw them live 8 times.

I remember in 85 they played The Palace in bridge place, only about 25 people there, all 25 looking baffled.

This was just around the time "Calling all the heroes" was released, they became very poular after that.

A band I was in in 87 / 88 called Bamboo did a few of their tunes. Aberdonians still looked baffled, coz it wasn't " Eye of the Tiger" or some other pap.

If my memory serves me, we used to do, Calling all the Heroes 12" version, screaming on the beaches, all in red, Kiss like judas, Rosmarie, & dabbled with Old man & the angel, before the bnd split up.

Ah, the memory of playing, Jambo's, the Malt mill, & Videoplex.

A band I was in in 87 / 88 called Bamboo did a few of their tunes. Aberdonians still looked baffled, coz it wasn't " Eye of the Tiger" or some other pap.

If my memory serves me, we used to do, Calling all the Heroes 12" version, screaming on the beaches, all in red, Kiss like judas, Rosmarie, & dabbled with Old man & the angel, before the bnd split up.

Ah, the memory of playing, Jambo's, the Malt mill, & Videoplex.

I saw you in the Malt Mill numerous times I think. Didn't Bamboo evolve from the Clunk brothers? As I recall the name Bamboo came about because you played at Caesar's palace when it was called something else exotic, and decorated with er, bamboo? Was that Jambos? God the 80s were shit...

I saw you in the Malt Mill numerous times I think. Didn't Bamboo evolve from the Clunk brothers? As I recall the name Bamboo came about because you played at Caesar's palace when it was called something else exotic, and decorated with er, bamboo? Was that Jambos? God the 80s were shit...

Villa's became Jambo's, which became Caesars Palace.

Yeah, the eighties were shit, but at least signed bands could play well. Since around 93 / 94 the standard of musicians siged to major & Indie labels has been ropey, with barely some Ok songs surfacing.

I saw them at the Kilburn Forum in London supporting Robert Plant in '88. What a great night that was. I agree with the others Francis Dunnery is an excellent guitar player and the rest of the band were no slouches either. They have reformed recently without Frances. I haven't heard their new album, but I will have to check them out again.

Here's a little local history , It Bites were "discovered" and signed by John Wooler (originally from Dundee but living and working in the oil industry when I met him) , he and I played in a local blues band here in Aberdeen in the early eighties called "Roxette" (formerly The Sailing Shoes Blues Band , we had to change the name as the ex harmonica player said it was his idea)

John Wooler now lives in California and was the head of virgin records in America until he sort of retired to lecture about the music industry , he has 5 grammys , he was also the one who invented "Now That's what I call Music volume XXXX when he was at Virgin in the UK ..............I still live in Aberdeen , I think I won 8-)