aberdeen-music

New Radio 1 line up

Lemonade

• 1 year later...
Guest Gladstone

Didn't think this merited an entire new thread, but has anyone listened to Radio 1 this week? What a fucking joy to behold.

Zane Lowe covering the breakfast for Chris Moyles has been wonderful. Some actual music being played in the place of Moyles' "banter". Some good tunes as well.

I can't believe I once liked listening to Chris Moyles in the morning. What the fuck was wrong with me? He's so unfunny and boring as hell, and he plays on average about 1 song every 30 minutes, and that song is quite often crap. I can't bare to listen to Chris Moyles any longer. Silence is preferable.

Zane Lowe should get the job permanently.

I've even gone as far as to create a little gay facebook group... join it if you care...

Zane Lowe to take over from Moyles | Facebook

Didn't think this merited an entire new thread, but has anyone listened to Radio 1 this week? What a fucking joy to behold.

Zane Lowe covering the breakfast for Chris Moyles has been wonderful. Some actual music being played in the place of Moyles' "banter". Some good tunes as well.

I can't believe I once liked listening to Chris Moyles in the morning. What the fuck was wrong with me? He's so unfunny and boring as hell, and he plays on average about 1 song every 30 minutes, and that song is quite often crap. I can't bare to listen to Chris Moyles any longer. Silence is preferable.

Zane Lowe should get the job permanently.

I've even gone as far as to create a little gay facebook group... join it if you care...

Zane Lowe to take over from Moyles | Facebook

Chris Moyles is the worst thing about Great Britain. Worse than the plague was in the 11th century (I don't actually know when the plague was). I would hear the early morning radio when I worked as a van driver in the summer and did actualy listen to Chris Moyles. I think I love hating things more than liking things these days. I don't think I could listen to Zane Lowe at that time in the morning though. I don't think I hate him enough, in fact I nothing him. Fearne Cotton is almost as despisable as Chris Moyles. Her track of the week bit is usually terrible as well. It just seems she likes what she's told to like. All the "hip" bands like The Drums (awful band). Maybe that Greyshaw bloke tells her whats hip (cunt). I'd love to fill her slot if it became vacant though, I think I'd do a good job at that. LAD.

I've digressed a few times...

Anyway, Chris Moyles is a bag of shit. All of the Radio 1 djs are. Zane Lowe is acceptable.

Guest Gladstone
That is quite gay. But for some reason I flicked on to Radio 1 the other day and listened to him speaking to a guy out of Slipknot... and enjoyed it.

A permanent Zane Lowe show wouldn't be so full of guests as it has been this week - they've obviously gone on guest overload as he's been speaking to a few interesting guests in the last couple of days, including Mike D from Beastie Boys today, which led to 3 Beastie Boys songs in about an hour and a half, which beats the hell out of listening to 1 hour and 20 minutes of Moyles' shite chat, a song by the Feeling and Carpark Catchphrase.

I had the radio on for quite a lot of the day on Tuesday, and the music on offer was so much better than the usual daytime shite.

I know people would argue that Chris Moyles puts on the commercially accessible songs on the Radio 1 Playlist etc etc. but if someone like Zane Lowe was given a primetime show, people would get into whatever music was being played.

I don't know how these things work, but is Radio 1 somehow controlled by record companies and the primetime shows have to play a certain amount of their music a certain number of times or something like that??

I can't for the life of me think why they are sticking with Moyles for so long. He did increase the ratings initially but I'm pretty sure they've been dwindling. I'm sure they'd increase if they just cut out so much fucking chit-chat and played some songs. I wouldn't have a problem with stuff being played from the top 40 if it was mixed in with some other more "obscure" (for want of a better word) songs in between times. I.e. a DJ that just plays music with minimum chat!!

Guest Gladstone
I flicked on to the drive time show yesterday in it was fucking Nick Grimshaw. That cunt shouldn't be allowed on the radio.

His voice is incredibly annoying.

I'd rather listen to Scott Mills than Nick Grimshaw.

Guest Gladstone
When you start moaning about the presenters on Radio 1 it just means you are getting old.

Just start listening to Radio 2 instead.

I tried that and couldn't bare the pish that Chris Evans was playing, which led to me turning the radio off completely.

I need to get disciplined and rotate the CDs in my car regulalry so as to not get bored of listening to them. Moyles will inevitably be back on next week, although I might be coming in earlier to avoid traffic. I can handle Dev's show in the early morning because he talks so much less. The second Moyles comes on though I just start flicking through the stations and discover they're all shit.

Which. remembering the days of British Bulldog, is a 'stone's throw from London.'

Seriously though, there's a show called London Rocks or some gay shit like that and he interviews folk on it.

In fairness, the British Bulldog could throw a stone a long fucking way. Big lad.

Get one of those transmitter things for your car that you plug mp3 players into. Problem solved.

Guest Gladstone
In fairness, the British Bulldog could throw a stone a long fucking way. Big lad.

Get one of those transmitter things for your car that you plug mp3 players into. Problem solved.

Aye - that's been considered.

I like listening to the radio though, particularly in the car. I tend to not have enough time to try and listen to any new music / bands that I am unaware of, but I spend a couple of hours a day in the car, so it would be ace to be able to pick up some new bands from a radio station on my way to work...!

I bought one similar to this a while back:

CAR MP3 PLAYER FM TRANSMITTER USB PENDRIVE/SD/MMC SLOT on eBay (end time 09-Jan-11 19:21:47 GMT)

Works brilliantly, means you can just plug a USB stick or SD card in, turns itself on and off automatically, means you don't have to fanny about unplugging your MP3 player and taking it with you every time.

Cheap Chinese crap but mine has been working fine for over a year.

Aye - that's been considered.

I like listening to the radio though, particularly in the car. I tend to not have enough time to try and listen to any new music / bands that I am unaware of, but I spend a couple of hours a day in the car, so it would be ace to be able to pick up some new bands from a radio station on my way to work...!

My car radio is almost permanently tuned to TalkSport these days, unless I'm in Fraserburgh because you can't get it once you pass Cortes.