aberdeen-music

Algernon Cadwallader, Teenage Cool Kids, Kaddish, Carson Wells

Huw

Cheers Huw. TCK are a lovely band from Texas and would be more than worth going to see in their own right, but they're getting a bit overshadowed by Algernon excitement. The long and the short of it is that it's going to be tremendous.

no bother... wasn't sure how often you were on here etc.

Yeah I agree, upon listening I may actually prefer them on record to Algernon, but i reckon Algernon will be GREAT live.

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAH!

why would you get a date over anyone else though? you never help out any other bands with gigs

man, are ya trying to be a dick here or what? is it necessary for me to have completed some sort of quota before i'm allowed to try and put bands on?

edit; also, i'd spoken to algernon about the tour before the dates were announced and we'd kinda yeeha'd about a date up here. maybe it was just talk but whatever; i still thought it was a possibility.

generally people who book tours like a bit of give and take i.e. help them out with putting on bands they need gigs for and a favour is returned when the more popular bands come across

Maybe I am being a dick, I just find it hard to entertain you: lots of emo / help out chat over the internet but absolutely no substance to it or follow through.

man, are ya trying to be a dick here or what? is it necessary for me to have completed some sort of quota before i'm allowed to try and put bands on?

edit; also, i'd spoken to algernon about the tour before the dates were announced and we'd kinda yeeha'd about a date up here. maybe it was just talk but whatever; i still thought it was a possibility.

If you used 'yeeha' as a verb in an e-mail to the band, it may have counted against you.

• 1 month later...

This was right good this was. I missed the first half of Carson Wells which I was a bit gutted about since I didn't manage to catch you guys before I left Aberdeen. But what I did see, I was mightily impressed with. Well done lads.

Teenage Cool Kids were really really awesome and great fun to watch.

And Algernon were just utterly brilliant. And fuck what I said in the Pixies thread about Kim Deal, the drummer in Algernon is the most entertaining musician I think I've ever seen. His face-pulling was immense.

So yeah, a good night.

prolly could have made the algernon slot but i was too tired and smelly. manchester was insane! i think there was 100+ or so people. so much bouncing that we caused cracks in the ceiling of the rooms below (whoops). peter fireman lifted randoms into the crowd who then surfed the wave, there was an (attempted) 10 man pyramid and an incredible amount of jumping/fist pumping.

i think i'm too old for following bands around now though. im off back to bed.

oh, and yeah, tank is pretty much the coolest guy ever. we started the longest "whoooooaaah" to serial killer status ever and he kinda stood up and roared like a bear.

Tank is totally the man. So posi. One of the tightest drummers I've seen and hit really hard. Algernon were great and there new tunes were good and went down really well.

Liked bits of TCK, but wasn't totally into it. Reckon if I'd heard more of them on record before hand I would have dug it more.

Good night, shame about the reletively low turnout. Well done to Kenny, Toe and Sarah for getting it done!