aberdeen-music

Scotland's World Cup Qualifying Campaign

Shaki

and the Skeid (managed by Arild Stavrum) league game on the Tuesday. The Skeid one was actually moved by the Skeid chairman after he was in discussions with several Scottish fans who thought they'd be able to drag along an extra few hundred if the game was moved from the saturday. It looks like there'll be a few thousand turning up now!

That's a cracking story about the Skeid game, made me smile anyway. That's what away trips should be about.

Plus, Arild Stavrum is a total legend. I remember emailing him numerous times back in the day and always, always got a response.

Funny chap.

Here's the google translated article from a Skied (pronounced Shide!) website...

Google Translate

Looking forward to it.

The first four stadiums i'll have been to this season are ones that i've never been to before (Lyn Oslo/Norway's Skied's, Yokohama Marinos/Japan's and Brechin's Glebe Park). Always good to tick new ones off the list.

Here's the google translated article from a Skied (pronounced Shide!) website...

Google Translate

Looking forward to it.

The first four stadiums i'll have been to this season are ones that i've never been to before (Lyn Oslo/Norway's Skied's, Yokohama Marinos/Japan's and Brechin's Glebe Park). Always good to tick new ones off the list.

A man after my own heart Ross!

Trips to other places should always include a visit to a stadium, regardless of a game or not, but preferrably when theres some action to be had! :up:

Last season I managed to shoehorn in Brondby v Deportivo on my jaunt to Roskilde Festival, Nou Camp and my long awaited Hampden debut thanks to Saints finally making it to Hampden!

Unbelievably, I've yet to visit St Mirren Park, both through circumstance and a gut feeling that it will never be the same as Love Street, but I have Saints v United pencilled in on Aug 22nd!

PS First trip to Glebe Park?! Thats shocking! I've done the Glebe upwards of 5 or 6 times now. Love the soup :popcorn:

PS First trip to Glebe Park?! Thats shocking! I've done the Glebe upwards of 5 or 6 times now. Love the soup :popcorn:

Caley never seemed to draw them in the cup, and when we were in the same League as them I was still living in Elgin working every saturday. Glad to get it done now though.

Always fun going to random wee stadiums (PSG in France, FC Jurmala in Latvia and AIK Stockholm in Sweden have been ticked off the list in the last 2 years).

Ticking Dens park off the list on the 22nd August as well :up:

Caley never seemed to draw them in the cup, and when we were in the same League as them I was still living in Elgin working every saturday. Glad to get it done now though.

Always fun going to random wee stadiums (PSG in France, FC Jurmala in Latvia and AIK Stockholm in Sweden have been ticked off the list in the last 2 years).

Ticking Dens park off the list on the 22nd August as well :up:

I've only done Pittodrie, Tannadice, Ibrox, Balmoor and Hampden. Pretty poor really. Unless you count Highland League, then you can also add Fraserburgh, Huntly, Keith and Cove Rangers. I've been in the Molineux and the Nou Camp but there wasn't a match on at the time so I don't think they count. I wish I'd gone to some games when I was in Switzerland, especially as it was only an hour and a half on the train to Milan or Turin, and only about half an hour to Lyon.

I've only done Pittodrie, Tannadice, Ibrox, Balmoor and Hampden. Pretty poor really.

On the other end of the scale, I'm only 9 short of doing the 42: Rugby Park, Fir Park, Shielfield Park, Somerset Park, The Rock, Galabank, Stair Park, new Falkirk Stadium, and New Love Street. In the last two cases, I managed the old stadiums before they got pulled down.

:up:

I've only done Pittodrie, Tannadice, Ibrox, Balmoor and Hampden. Pretty poor really. Unless you count Highland League, then you can also add Fraserburgh, Huntly, Keith and Cove Rangers. I've been in the Molineux and the Nou Camp but there wasn't a match on at the time so I don't think they count. I wish I'd gone to some games when I was in Switzerland, especially as it was only an hour and a half on the train to Milan or Turin, and only about half an hour to Lyon.

Highland League definitely counts. I've done all of the above plus Loco's, Deveronvale, Formartine (ok it was a Junior ground at the time!)

Think in Senior terms in Scotland I've probably done about half of them.

England I've done Stamford Bridge, Highbury, Old Trafford, Eastlands and Goodison.

Goodison is probably my favourite stadium though, cracking atmosphere. Everton 2-2 Villa, Phil Neville shinned one in via defelction from about 25 yards and ran the length of the pitch!

On the other end of the scale, I'm only 9 short of doing the 42: Rugby Park, Fir Park, Shielfield Park, Somerset Park, The Rock, Galabank, Stair Park, new Falkirk Stadium, and New Love Street. In the last two cases, I managed the old stadiums before they got pulled down.

Nicely done! Who plays at "The Rock"? That sounds like the kinda place I want to go.

Em, I think I speak for us all when I say... you sir are a hero!

Oh and Gayfield! I've been to Gayfield!

I'm planning taking in a match at Brechin this season, and maybe Forfar and Montrose if I have a couple of bored Saturday afternoons.

Nicely done! Who plays at "The Rock"?

Dumbarton. It's officially called the 'Strathclyde Homes Staduim', which is pish.

Em' date=' I think I speak for us all when I say... you sir are a hero![/quote']

Not exactly, following the Jags means relegation/promotion is not uncommon so you can tick them off quite quickly!

Oh and Gayfield! I've been to Gayfield!

I'm planning taking in a match at Brechin this season, and maybe Forfar and Montrose if I have a couple of bored Saturday afternoons.

Glebe Park is one of my favourites, took in a few games there last season when I was living in Laurencekirk. Loads of character, and the home support in the Cemetery End can get a decent amount of noise going. Only drawback to the Brechin away day is a lack of decent pubs (Forfar and Montrose are better), though if you're driving down I guess that won't matter.....

Don't sell yourself short chimp, we did the pilgrimage to Cathkin a wee while ago...

Glebe Park is one of my favourites, took in a few games there last season when I was living in Laurencekirk. Loads of character, and the home support in the Cemetery End can get a decent amount of noise going. Only drawback to the Brechin away day is a lack of decent pubs (Forfar and Montrose are better), though if you're driving down I guess that won't matter.....

The only league ground in Britain to have a hedge running all the way up one side of the pitch too. :up:

The only league ground in Britain to have a hedge running all the way up one side of the pitch too. :up:

Haven't they got to get rid of the hedge for pitch size regulations or something? I remember seeing on TV that they had to move it but were reluctant as it was part of their history or somthing.

Right'o that's me up early doors, to make sure that I am knackered enough to sleep tonight; a must for the 5am wake up tomorrow to catch our 7am Prestwick -> Oslo flight!

Fjord focus - Scotland on Sunday

Feeling quite positive for the match on Wednesday, especially based on the positive reports i've read on the likes of McCormack and Hartley's matches yesterday. Commons got competitive match time as well, which is great as I really think he has the ability to break the Norwegian defence with a long range shot or cross.

The Norway fans aren't really turning up for this one in numbers, and since it is only a 25500 capacity stadium I really think the Scotland fans can become another 12th man. We got an allocation of just over 2200 but there will be another 2-3 thousand Scots in the Norway end (ourselves included). Not sure how well i'll be able to sit on my hands if we score though!! Looking forward to the stadium as it does remind me of tynecastle, which lends well to a great atmosphere.

Ullevaal2.jpg

Away to buy the Sunday papers now, have breakfast and triple check i've got everything packed; before heading to the POW for lunch (they serve food on a sunday don't they?), then train to Glasgow, pints and food in Nice and Sleazy's, train to Ayr, pints in Ayr, crash at station B&B, fly to Oslo tomorrow morning :up:

'We're the Tartan Army and we're here to save the whales!! Save the whales, save the whales...' :cheers:

This discussion comes up so often on various forums, I've got a list of those I've done saved :up:

I'm 12 from completion, albeit there's now only 41 grounds thanks to the Stenny/Shire groundshare. I've done:

SPL (3/12)

Aberdeen

Hibs

Rangers

DIV 1 (8/10)

Airdrie

Ayr

Dunfermline

ICT

Morton

Partick

Raith

Ross County

DIV2 (10/10)

Alloa

Arbroath

Brechin

Clyde

Cowdenbeath

Dumbarton

East Fife

Peterhead

Stenhousemuir

Stirling

DIV3 (9/10)

Albion Rovers

Berwick

East Stirling

Elgin

Forfar

Livingston

Montrose

Queen's Park

Stranraer

HIGHLAND LEAGUE (11/18)

Buckie

Cove

Deveronvale

Forres

Fraserburgh

Huntly

Locos

Keith

Nairn

Rothes

Turriff

NO LONGER THERE

Falkirk (Brockville)

Gretna

East Stirling (Firs Park)

ENGLAND

Eastlands and Wembley. Also been to St Andrews, but there wasn't a match on and nae tours. Boo.

Back to Scotland, I see Bazza Ferguson is so regretful about his drinking/vickys shame that he's weaited til two days before an important game before whining about how he was basically treated like shit after "I captained my country for years."

Yes Bazza, and in doing so you've proved again just how little you respect your country. Fuck off, fud.