aberdeen-music

Open + Hotmangu @ The Tunnels 2, 1st October

TUNNEL 2 ...... THURSDAY 1st OCTOBER ....... 3

OPEN

HOTMANGU

DJs

I set this gig up for my mate's band who are coming up from Newcastle. They are called OPEN and have a kind of Primus feel about them. Check them out on

O.P.E.N. on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys.

Hotmangu HOT MANGU on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads will provide the local talent for this show. Always enjoyed these guys and have to agree with the description on their myspace:

Hot Mangu is a crazed fusion of musical stylings, uniquely crafted and powerfully delivered.

This awesome foursome burst onto the scene in the North-East 6 years ago and has since taken their high-energy live show all over the UK.

We will play some kick ass tunes when the bands aren't playing.

I can't think of a better way to spend Thursday 1st October.

• 1 month later...

So it turns out Hot Mangu split up! I didn't know about this until very recently so I'm now looking for a band to fill the gap this thursday. Do you think you have what it takes??? Then let me know. I'm just away to post a bands wanted for thursday thread so wait until I've done that to reply, or just pm me.

OPEN are still playing. Check them out

We've had no takers for this last minute slot so we have set up a funk jam band using a selection of the hottest funk players in town. You should expect to see Chemical Callum (keys), Ewan McIntosh (bass), Scotty Cruickshank (guitar). We'll also have myself on sax, Hugo Abisset MCing. We will have guest drummer David French.

If you are into a bit of freestyle funk then this will definitely be for you.

I think we'll call this the Freeform Funk Collective.

Oh yeah, and it'll be a quid to get in. We just need enough money to give OPEN money for petrol to get up here.