aberdeen-music

Mobile broadband

Lemonade

Hey,

I was thinking about getting mobile broadband with one of the mobile phone companies, Vodafone or O2 or something - does anyone know if it is any good and if you get good coverage / speed in Aberdeen?

Also, I don't really understand the whole 3Gb / 10Gb download limit thing. Can someone explain this to me in nice, simple terms?

O2 you can definitely

3gb is good enough for forums, reading - wikipedia etc but don't expect to view youtube/iplayer a lot, download music or large files

speed is about the same as a 512k adsl connection - usually between 30 and 50kbps downloads

I was looking at a vodafone one which is 15 a month, 3Gb download, and 7.2Mb speed. That seems OK, to get cheaper you have to sign up for 2 years and I don't really want to do that.

I think you've just answered my next questions. It says:

For just 15 a month you get 3GB of mobile broadband data. That's enough for 100 hours of web browsing, 200 tracks, 100 short video downloads and 2000 emails.

So like Spotify, Youtube etc. does that count as browsing, or downloading?

I use O2 PAYG mobile broadband, and in most UK cities (including Aberdeen), the 3G signal is just as fast as your home broadband. I download a lot of artwork files and never had any issues with limits etc. If you use Quidco (the cashback site), O2 modems are effectively free right now (you get 30 back if you buy one). Hope that helps!

I was looking at a vodafone one which is 15 a month, 3Gb download, and 7.2Mb speed. That seems OK, to get cheaper you have to sign up for 2 years and I don't really want to do that.

I think you've just answered my next questions. It says:

For just 15 a month you get 3GB of mobile broadband data. That's enough for 100 hours of web browsing, 200 tracks, 100 short video downloads and 2000 emails.

So like Spotify, Youtube etc. does that count as browsing, or downloading?

On o2 i have a 15 simplicity with the 3gb internet bolt on - this costs in total about 30 a month and runs on a month by month contract thing, you could see if vodafone do something similar

The 3gb cap includes all data that goes in or out of your computer via the net connection, video, email, automatic updates, spotify, anything

I have it but connect by plugging my sony ericsson into the computer

asscd2.jpg

asscd.jpg