aberdeen-music

Good Guitar Shops in London?

Diesel

surely Denmark St. is the place to go? I think it's all guitar shops is it not?

hasn't been a true statement for well over a decade... all of denmark street is owned by the same man. still worth a visit though.

peter cooks is a good call, also digital village in romford (the romford site is their warehose/ flagship) from the centre of london it is a tube and train ride followed by a 20 min walk/ or 6 quid taxi... shit load of stock though...

Guest droid
Denmark Street is a fucking rip off. Head out to Peter Cook's in Hanwell for some amazing deals. Not easy to get to via public transport though, tube then bus. :down:

207 bus from Shepherds bush green if my memory serves me well.

Thanks for the advice guys. Did the Denmark Street thing. Meh for guitars, great for pedals and electronics.

Will try Cooks today.

Have a great story - not for this forum - regarding some Rangers fans on the Underground. Will post in the Sports forum later (though "Believe It Or Not" might be more appropriate!)

Guest droid
Thanks for the advice guys. Did the Denmark Street thing. Meh for guitars, great for pedals and electronics.

Will try Cooks today.

Have a great story - not for this forum - regarding some Rangers fans on the Underground. Will post in the Sports forum later (though "Believe It Or Not" might be more appropriate!)

If you are going to Hanwell then get the district line to Kew,chandlers is right next to the station.CHANDLER GUITARS - 020 8940 5874 - Gibson, Fender, PRS, Mesa Boogie, Rivera, Soldano, Marshall, Mojave, Tom Anderson, Engl, Gretsch, Tokai, Cornford

So you gonna let us know the recent purchases? :D

I went to denmark street when I was in London, back in 2007. I remember that a lot of the shops were pretty pricey. I found a few others (one of them was Turnkey but it was called something different then) and I got a sennheiser wireless system for a good price.

Went into vintage and rare guitars (think that was on denmark street) and I ended up drooling over everything! There was a 60's marshall plexi there that I bet sounded awesome, I can't remember how much they were selling it for though.

They also had an original 50's strat in that was so beautiful at the time.