aberdeen-music

Boycott The Evening Express

Shaki

Surely that's just the EE getting the wrong end of the stick? Thom mentioned in her column she'd performed at a gig supporting BB King and some shitty reporter or sub-editor has just read that and stuck it in as a bit of filler in the new article but because he/she doesn't know anything about anything they've put in that she sang with BB King instead of his support act.

Though having Sandi Thom as a columnist is another good reason to boycott the paper.

Nice one. Clearly the powers that be at the EE have been monitoring this thread closely.

People may kid, but I can confirm there is a number of active users on this web site with Aberdeen Journals e-mail addresses. Oh, and Northsound ones as well...

ooh, you might be right. terry and nick used to be in a different band . the two brothers from j60 were definitely in king voodoo.

i saw men lie playing with david devant and his spirit wife on a makeshift stage at the opening of the virgin cinema down the beach. that was a weird day. david devant were brilliant but played to about 10 people.

I was there, a great gig, if I recall there was a farewell gig (possibly) by the Bloody Mary's and lots of people were there, but being a big fan of Devant i was glad I was able to see them up here, sadly the only time the band have made the trip up here, I still have my signerd This is For Real CD from that day :)

To be fair with the squirrel, that picture was all on every newspaper, website and most TV news earlier this week.

Regurgitated banality

I would have expected at least a local twist on it....

Melissa Brandts and her husband were exploring Lake Minnewanka in Banff National Park, which took its name from Banff in Aberdeenshire, at the time.

Nick, Terry and Dave M were in Verge which pretty much became Driveblind.

Dave M was in the Highsounds which were previously the Unflavoured. Although the Highsounds had a female and not male singer.

I think that Jack was the bass player in Inertia.

Dave N was in Men Lie which became J60.

Dave M was in Verge? I thought it was Wee Mike. And I don't remember Highsounds having a female singer. I do remember Flock sang at some stage though. Good band but before their time unfortunately.

Jack was def in Inertia who eventually became Phonefreak?

My memory is not what it was to be fair.

I quite like the Press & Journal, but what annoys me is some of the absolutely pointless and unnecessary "In Brief" storys they print, such as one today which says:

"Celebrity Big Brother winner and Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty yesterday said she thought reality shows had been "overdone"."

Apart from a little picture of Shilpa Shetty, that was it! The whole article! Why did they even bother to include that? Is this going to interest anyone? Okay, print stories that aren't just from the north of Scotland, but at least go with stories that have a bit of substance to them!

I quite like the Press & Journal, but what annoys me is some of the absolutely pointless and unnecessary "In Brief" storys they print, such as one today which says:

"Celebrity Big Brother winner and Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty yesterday said she thought reality shows had been "overdone"."

Apart from a little picture of Shilpa Shetty, that was it! The whole article! Why did they even bother to include that? Is this going to interest anyone? Okay, print stories that aren't just from the north of Scotland, but at least go with stories that have a bit of substance to them!

To be fair, that's quite brief.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...