aberdeen-music

Boycott The Evening Express

Shaki

Guest Gladstone
Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

A Cobra Kai / Underkills gig was at number one a few months back, and none of us are banging journos.

Yeah, we're just awesome ;)

That gig was in New Deer Public Hall too.

Best venue in the North East of Scotland, bar none.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I see that Panda Eyes at the Lemon Tree is number 3 on the 'top five things you must do this weekend' in today's paper, along with a rather fetching picture of one Mr Jan Deal... :)

That's why the evening express is so shite

To be fair, If you were in a band with a reporter who was employed by the local paper wouldn't you take full advantage of its benefits?

I remember one of the original bands I was in back in the 90's got a whole page review and pictures when we were playing at the Lemon Tree because we knew a reporter for the EE.

I remember the days of Jim Gellatly (however you spell it) and he was pretty good at covering all the local scene, what happened to him anyway? Did he move on to other things? He had a fave local act that started as a metal band called inextremis and then changed their style to indie and he compared them to ocean colour scene at the time. I remember they got a sponsor by pure mens clothing shop and were regularly in his news section.

Without wishing to denigrate Mr Deal's 'skills' here, it's not unusual to see local gigs in this section. Just because it takes a matter of seconds to find a random list of things going on, doesn't need any writing up to be done, and fills half a page.

Indeed, I believe they're advertising just now for "Copypasters" - the first step in your journalism career......

Hmm, I'm sure at least Dave out of Driveblind used to be in J60.

ooh, you might be right. terry and nick used to be in a different band . the two brothers from j60 were definitely in king voodoo.

i saw men lie playing with david devant and his spirit wife on a makeshift stage at the opening of the virgin cinema down the beach. that was a weird day. david devant were brilliant but played to about 10 people.

Nick, Terry and Dave M were in Verge which pretty much became Driveblind.

Dave M was in the Highsounds which were previously the Unflavoured. Although the Highsounds had a female and not male singer.

I think that Jack was the bass player in Inertia.

Dave N was in Men Lie which became J60.

Very strange article has appeared claiming Sandi Thom Dashed to europe to do the voals for BB King Gigs, helping out the 83 year old, also enhancing Thoms position in the UK chart for her first single to make it look like a worldwide situation.

Im not sure Kings people will be very happy if they get wind of this claim because Thom must be aware of it as she is an employee of the EE and has already mentioned King in her own coloumn.

Sandi Thom makes best-selling female list - Evening Express