aberdeen-music

In Ear Monitors

Doby

What sort of price are a decent set of in-ear monitors? Do venues in Aberdeen appreciate bands turning up with them?

Well the ones I've looked at have been in about the 500 range new, was sort of hoping to pick up a mid range set second hand for about 150-200. Yeh I used to use them years ago, and sound guys never seemed to have a problem wtth it.

The main reason I want them though is to use with my covers and function bands, to save me having to lug around a monitor for myself. Am also thinking along the lines of it being safer on my ears, being able to control the volume more without being blasted by a monitor.

Guest droid
Wouldn't it just be the earphones that are personalized? Would easily buy them seperately.

yes they are moulded to fit your ear!.....then you have to take a line out from your desk......not much cover and function bands play thru big rigs though,eh?

Guest droid

Personal in-ear-monitors are custom-moulded earphones. Used mostly by musicians, they make use of miniature balanced armature transducer technology. Tiny magnetic receivers offer high resistance to mechanical shock and deliver smooth responses with very low distortion levels.

For connection to in-ear-monitor equipment, MP3, hi-fi and most communication systems, ACS monitors reduce the ambient sound environment by approximately 26 dB, so you can listen at a lower, safer volume and help prevent premature hearing loss.

:up:

• 2 weeks later...

Evolution Wireless In-Ear Monitor System EW300 IEM

I have a sennheiser in ear monitor system which I would consider selling if your still interested, its a EW300 generation 1. I originally bought it in R+B's for 500, I don't have the original ear pieces, but in any case you probably would would want to buy new ones to go with it - any normal ear pieces work with it, as well as the specific Sennheiser ones.

There is a few minor surface scratches on the transmitter box, but in perfect working order.

What I have includes:

1 x Body pack reciever

1 x Stereo Transmitter

1 x Sennheiser AC Adaptor

1 x Instruction Manual

PM me an offer if interested.

As I think this thread was posted by a drummer thought I'd take the chance to say, that in my experience of using them, and having discussed the issue with many other drummers, most drummers prefer a decent double monitor drum fill. I think the key is to have them turned off when trying to get a decent FOH sound, then trying to get a good monitor sound very quickly. The double monitor gives a better balance than having one ear blasted, and I've always found that after a few minutes your ears sensitise to the volume, so after that time it is very hard to work on good settings.