aberdeen-music

MOSHULU is changing...

Moshulu is to shut from the 3rd of August until the 12th September for a full refurbishment.

This will not affect the Bassment's trading hours.

The venue will be re-open from the 12th September.

So effectively, this weekends events (Kamikazi Friday), Red Festival (Sat) and Adventures in Stereo (Sat) are the send off before a massive overhaul.

Free entry to both Friday and Saturday nights this weekend with Resident DJS as usual 10.30pm till 3am.

steven

Last year the venue (prior to Gonzo in 08 / end of summer) had a new carpet and a lick of paint / general clear up (furniture replaced and general tidy / dressing rooms and shower rooms installed ) but for various reasons it wasnt finished to its full intention / completed to the way they planned.

This time its the full refurb deal with many changes afoot, and i know there will be a lot of comments on here but as to details - i cant say too much right now.

What i can say is that:

There will be NO more carpetness

New comfortable seating

Better seperation of the two rooms

And in general, the things they have spoken of sound awesome and drastically different with a lot of small changes as well as the main intended overhaul of the interior.

Hope to see some of you around on Saturday for the last AIS for 6 weeks - the clubnights on a Saturday will remain similar musically upon re-opening but will be possibly different names / branding to give things a welcome freshen up.

sm

Guest Gladstone
Last year the venue (prior to Gonzo in 08 / end of summer) had a new carpet and a lick of paint / general clear up (furniture replaced and general tidy / dressing rooms and shower rooms installed ) but for various reasons it wasnt finished to its full intention / completed to the way they planned.

This time its the full refurb deal with many changes afoot, and i know there will be a lot of comments on here but as to details - i cant say too much right now.

What i can say is that:

There will be NO more carpetness

New comfortable seating

Better seperation of the two rooms

And in general, the things they have spoken of sound awesome and drastically different with a lot of small changes as well as the main intended overhaul of the interior.

Hope to see some of you around on Saturday for the last AIS for 6 weeks - the clubnights on a Saturday will remain similar musically upon re-opening but will be possibly different names / branding to give things a welcome freshen up.

sm

Yas - no more carpets! I told you laying a new carpet was a bad idea, and it was disgusting within about a week!!

I love Moshulu - canna wait to play there again sometime soon :up:

Guest Gladstone
Please tell me that the overflowing toilets/leaks from same to dancefloor below will be fixed....

Or in fact the gents toilets will just get a bit of a makeover. Those toilets are fucking stinking, and always have been!!

(ps. getting Jonesy to fix the plumbing maybe wasn't such a good idea ;))

The toilets are horrible but there's only so much Moshulu can do. They fix them, then immediately somebody goes in, rips of the toilet seat and flushes an entire toilet roll, which causes a flood. Then they fix them again, etc. etc. I propose requesting club goers that if they see someone carrying out this nobbish act, that they kick them in the cock, and then put their cock on the rim of the toilet and smash the seat down on their cock.

The toilets are horrible but there's only so much Moshulu can do. They fix them, then immediately somebody goes in, rips of the toilet seat and flushes an entire toilet roll, which causes a flood. Then they fix them again, etc. etc. I propose requesting club goers that if they see someone carrying out this nobbish act, that they kick them in the cock, and then put their cock on the rim of the toilet and smash the seat down on their cock.

and for a lady, substitute cock for tits perhaps?

While I wholeheartedly agree with this in principle, as you said the toilet seats are invariably missing or unsecure so negating a decent slamming action. So I propose a team effort to lift them up and insert their c*ck in the hand dryer and switch on.

Guest Gladstone

Yeah - agree with most of that, though I'm sure the same tiles/panels/whatever have been missing for years (I believe below the sink and below the urinal, though it's been a couple of months since I've been in), which gives the impression they don't give the toilets any attention whatsoever. It also stems from the fact that the place is pretty dingy, and the carpet's minging etc etc.

BUT saying all that, like I said above - I love Moshulu. Favourite venue in Aberdeen.

Surely the ladies don't carry out such heinous acts of toilet vandalsim?

if anything "ladies" are more prone to really fucking gross acts of toilet vandalism. i'm glad i don't really go out and drink any more cause some of the sights in club toilets turned my stomach.

Are you sure?

Some men like to just piss on the floor for the sake of it. By piss on the floor, I don't mean miss the bowl a little bit. I mean, all of their piss, going on the floor.

I bet the difference between bogs is like that No Doubt video where the girls toilet is like a palace, and the mens toilet is pretty much like a mens toilet. Fuck, I hate No Doubt.