aberdeen-music

A song for the Dons

Shaki

And the final shortlist on the Northsound website is...

Kasabian - Club Foot

Theme from Local Hero

The Northern Lights

Queen - We Will Rock You

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

Theme from the A Team

Blur - Song 2

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drum

What a ridiculously predictable list of songs.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone Roses is just a total throwback to the casuals days. Kasabian has nothing to do with the Dons in the slightest, and that's not even their best song. I've never heard the local hero theme but having Youtubed it's a slow instrumental, hardly something to get folk singing on the terraces. We should use The Fratellis Chelsea Dagger.

What a shite list. That's just embarrassing, lazy and predictable. What was the point in having a competition if they're just gonna use generic rent-a-anthems like that? with the possible exception of the local hero one. We will rock you?! like i've never heard that at a stadium event before.

If they're going to be predictable, at least be inventive with it... like using the DJ hype version of the Rocky theme tune or something.

What a shite list. That's just embarrassing, lazy and predictable. What was the point in having a competition if they're just gonna use generic rent-a-anthems like that? with the possible exception of the local hero one. We will rock you?! like i've never heard that at a stadium event before.

If they're going to be predictable, at least be inventive with it... like using the DJ hype version of the Rocky theme tune or something.

The Skewiff remix of "Man Of Constant Sorrow" would have got my vote. If I'd actually bothered voting.

If Aberdeen start using "Local Hero" I will personally plant a big fuck-off bomb undernearth the Dick Donald stand and detonate it on Saturday.

- Disgruntled Newcastle fan.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. ;)

Anyway, Newcastle dropped it the season before last so it's only fair that somebody else gets a shotty (yes, I know it's since been re-instated).