aberdeen-music

Glasgow

DJ Jo-D

Guest Gladstone

I was on a stag weekend in Glasgow last year. Can't actually remember the names of places we were in, but one place I was astounded by was Tiger Tiger. It was absolutely brilliant on the Saturday night.

Me and two other boys stayed there all evening, whilst the rest of the party headed to the strip club, and they joined us a wee while later. It was a great mix of tunes, and not absolutely rammed to the gunnels. We got to the bar and served reasonably quickly the whole night, and no neds in sight. I was dreading going to Tiger Tiger cos I'm not a fan of the place up here. I also think it was free to get in. I was pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: Are you a fan of indian food? I'll find out the name of the indian we went to cos it was pretty darn good. We needed taxis to get there from our hotel in the city centre, but it was well worth it.

I went to Madness (which is specifically for Hen nights) on a hen night. It was so cheesy and full of old people, but I reckon it's a good stop gap between the pubs and a club.

I've recently gone for a meal to Grill On The Corner (Bothwell St). It's pricey but you can get a 40% discount card on the website just now which means it's a bargain. Drinks were reasonably priced.

There are also plenty of really good restaurants on Byres Road/Ashton Lane way. Plenty places do good pre-theatre menus, I can't think of exact places just now, but never really hear a bad word about any restaurant in the West End.

Finish off in the Buff Club, it's quality. Bath Lane (a little hard to find but worth it)

Thank you so much! I've been trying to remember the name/exact location of that place since my 18th... i remember the place being pretty awesome, but it was hard as fuck to find, never suceeded in finding it since :up:

Thank you so much! I've been trying to remember the name/exact location of that place since my 18th... i remember the place being pretty awesome, but it was hard as fuck to find, never suceeded in finding it since :up:

Keep trying! Wish Aberdeen had something similar but then it might not be so special on the odd occasions that I make it there.

Guest idol_wild
Finish off in the Buff Club, it's quality. Bath Lane (a little hard to find but worth it)

Quoted for truth.

[Name dropping]Myself and two friends met and partied with Broken Social Scene in Buff Club after seeing them play at the Art School that night. I introduced myself to them when I saw them come in and they were all amazed that we'd travelled from Aberdeen to see them; I didn't think it was especially far to travel. They were all so lovely and charming the whole night, and Andrew Whiteman bought me a pint of Guiness, as it was my birthday the following day. Fucking legends.[/Name dropping]

Quoted for truth.

[Name dropping]Myself and two friends met and partied with Broken Social Scene in Buff Club after seeing them play at the Art School that night. I introduced myself to them when I saw them come in and they were all amazed that we'd travelled from Aberdeen to see them; I didn't think it was especially far to travel. They were all so lovely and charming the whole night, and Andrew Whiteman bought me a pint of Guiness, as it was my birthday the following day. Fucking legends.[/Name dropping]

Nice one! I was with my brother and sister the first time but it was still ace :)

EDIT: Are you a fan of indian food? I'll find out the name of the indian we went to cos it was pretty darn good. We needed taxis to get there from our hotel in the city centre, but it was well worth it.

Thanks!

I went to Madness (which is specifically for Hen nights) on a hen night. It was so cheesy and full of old people, but I reckon it's a good stop gap between the pubs and a club.

I've recently gone for a meal to Grill On The Corner (Bothwell St). It's pricey but you can get a 40% discount card on the website just now which means it's a bargain. Drinks were reasonably priced.

There are also plenty of really good restaurants on Byres Road/Ashton Lane way. Plenty places do good pre-theatre menus, I can't think of exact places just now, but never really hear a bad word about any restaurant in the West End.

Oh I'll look it up! thanks!

My hometown and stamping ground!

Best head along to the West End. Take tube to Hillhead which brings you out on Byres Road and directly to your left is Ashton Lane. Loads of great pubs plus you can drink outside which is nice this time of year. And you can get a taxi into town very easily from Byres Road.

Where can you get the Hillhead tube (not taken tubes in Glasgow before) we are possibly staying in Oswald Street?

The Arches is always a favourite of mine when in Glasgow. Art School and Buff Club are good also. My flatmate (a native) took me to a few pubs in the west end a few months ago which were all good, I'll find out the names and get back to you :)

I like the arches too (Subclub even more), but alas shall be in the company of my mum & aunty and amongst other females not quite into dance music, so this time I shall have to find somewhere mutual (my sisters hen night..not till March but theres 21 of us so far)

Thanks everyone for their suggestions, keep em coming!

You'd get the Subway from St Enoch's to Hillhead. :)oswald street glasgow - Google Maps

It only runs till 11pm on a weeknight and Saturday and 6pm on a Sunday.

But taxis from the West End right into town are about 6.

ooh thanks for that...perfect...we are considering an afternoon crawl there on the saturday then heading to possibly comedy club at night - taxis' are fairly easy to come by in glasgow if we get lost/subway fail it!

Cheers carrots!