aberdeen-music

Escape To Victory + Escape Today + A Guy Called Guy @ Cellar 35 - 7th August

GFN? presents...

Punk rock from...

Escape to Victory Escape To Victory on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Escape Today Escape Today! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

A Guy Called Guy A Guy Called Guy on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

+ 1 other band possibly

@ Cellar 35, RosemountViaduct,Aberdeen

Friday 7th August 2009

7.30pm

Whilst you may be being facetious 'Shaki' if anyone has a spare projector bulb i could make that dream a reality. Or instead of Alkatraz how about we just show 'Escape to Victory'...Pele+Stalone=class in a glass.

If anyone is interested we have put two songs from our forthcoming E.P 'The Front Page' up on our myspace, see Kirks post for the link. They be titled 'Lessons Learned From Rocky IV to VI' and 'Army of Mannequins'. Fingers crossed we may have this E.P available at this gig.

p.s

useless fact-Stalone was scripted to score the winning goal in 'Escape to Victory' but he was so bad at football even Pele couldn't teach him how to do an overhead kick or even a volley so the script was changed to make Stalone a goalkeeper.

I believe "Carson Wells" are playing this gig instead of "A Guy Called Guy"? Can you confirm this? I also believe that you'll be opening your set with:

It's tricky to rock a rhyme

To rock a rhyme that's right on time

It's tricky tricky tricky tricky tricky

yes... and YES! we know half the first verse.

This will be my first cellar 35 experience, is it true that show shows have been stopped half way through due to noise complaints. kx

tis very true, filthpact were banned from ever playing again i believe.

i think our main problem tonight will be huws fucking massive bass amp but i dont thinks theres been too many complaints recently

Thanks to everyone that came down. Was a really good gig, all the bands played well (well i can't speak for us but A guy called guy and escape today were on top form, even without a bassist). Good atmosphere and we didn't get shut down.

Our next Aberdeen gig is 19th Oct with sonic boom six and the skints at The Tunnels. Hope to see you there.