aberdeen-music

Bowie & Muse pull out of T in The Park

Ross

Bowie definitely out but Muse not ruled out just yet.

MUSE have pulled out of a gig in Italy after one of the bands parents died on site at the GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL.

The band played their highest profile gig ever last night on the Pyramid Stage.

A spokesperson for the band has told NME.COM that drummer Dominic Howards father died shortly after the bands set.

A statement issued to NME.COM reads: "It is with great sadness that we must announce that Mr Bill Howard' date=' father of Muse drummer Dominic, died earlier today (Monday 28th June) at the Glastonbury Festival, a short time after the bands headlining set.

"Mr Howard collapsed on site at 1.15am and died shortly after. Avon and Somerset Police are not treating the death as suspicious. In this dreadfully difficult time, we request that the privacy of Doms family and friends is respected. Our sincere and heartfelt sympathy extends to Dominic and the Howard family."

Muse have cancelled their show in Bergamo, Italy, on Wednesday (June 30), with decisions on other shows pending.

The band are due to spend much of the summer touring European festivals, which includes appearances at Roskilde in Denmark, Oxegen in Ireland and the T In The Park festival in Scotland (July 10).

[/quote']

bollocks. bowie was one of the three main reasons for me going (bowie' date=' pixies, muse). if muse still play it then i'll definitely go see them.[/quote']

Well, Muse were going to be on at the same time as Bowie, so now you can probably go to the NME stage and see them instead. Though if I were the head of T in the Park I'd probably make them headliners of the main stage on Sat now, seeing as they stole Glastonbury just a few days ago...

I feel hip.

The BBC filmed a mini interview with me today about what I thought about David Bowie pulling out.

Al Nero's doing as they were lurking in Virgin Megastore.

MUSE have decided to continue with their forthcoming live commitments' date=' despite their tragedy at the GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL.

As previously reported, drummer Dominic Howards father died shortly after the bands set on the Pyramid Stage on Sunday (June 28 ).

The band pulled out of a show in Bergamo, Italy, on Wednesday (June 30) as a result of the death.

However, this weekends appearances at St Gallen in Switzerland (July 2), the Werchter Festival in Belgium (3) and Roskilde in Denmark (4) will all go ahead as scheduled.

[/quote']

Looks like we're on for Muse anyways :)