aberdeen-music

Hi Fi amplifier WANTED

stevealex35

less than 100 pounds I reckon!

I imagine I could pick up something like this (second hand) for that price:

Pioneer A-209R Stereo Amplifier - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

All i really need is a left and right line in (as I play my music from my PC) and a phono connection for a record player.

I can't seem to find anything on the specs of my speakers I'm afraid.

Cheers

less than 100 pounds I reckon!

I imagine I could pick up something like this (second hand) for that price:

Pioneer A-209R Stereo Amplifier - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

All i really need is a left and right line in (as I play my music from my PC) and a phono connection for a record player.

I can't seem to find anything on the specs of my speakers I'm afraid.

Cheers

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an impedance rating and wattage on the speakers somewhere...

You would need to make sure that either your turntable or the amp has a phono-stage (pre-amp) otherwise it won't output a loud enough sound. If your turntable has one it doesn't matter if it doesn't and the amp doesn't then it does matter.

That Pioneer amp looks like a good buy in all honesty.

I have a Technics SA-DX1040 for sale - American model 110v but comes with transformer - looking for 65

Let me know if you're interested.

Technics Link

While that's a cracking amp for that price, unless he's wanting to go down the 5.1 route that's not a particularly good amp music reproduction-wise in comparison to some of the dedicated Hi-Fi amps out there for not that musch more money. Good AV Receiver though! I would certainly recommend it to anyone who's looking at getting into the Home Cinema game.