aberdeen-music

Alla Tomba?

Garbola

Aye Dode Cowie is nae bad and his prices are reasonable, he's also a very friendly guy and likes to blether and tell storys so don't be intimidated by him. One problem would be catching it when its open cause he's always closed, hardly ever see it in operation. His standard of work is good and the place is very clean, he's also very professional if you excuse his sarcastic manor. I've got a couple of tats done there but not from dode but his apprentice at the time a couple of years ago, got them dirt cheap as he was learning, One thing i may point out, dode contracted hepititis c from a customer a few years back and is still practising as tattooist conforming to all the requirement for being a licence tattoo shop. all he has to do is state that he has hepititis which is clear displayed in the front bit. Also the guy who used to work there is doing tats i may be able to get you a good deal :)

• 1 year later...
Aye Dode Cowie is nae bad and his prices are reasonable, he's also a very friendly guy and likes to blether and tell storys so don't be intimidated by him. One problem would be catching it when its open cause he's always closed, hardly ever see it in operation. His standard of work is good and the place is very clean, he's also very professional if you excuse his sarcastic manor. I've got a couple of tats done there but not from dode but his apprentice at the time a couple of years ago, got them dirt cheap as he was learning, One thing i may point out, dode contracted hepititis c from a customer a few years back and is still practising as tattooist conforming to all the requirement for being a licence tattoo shop. all he has to do is state that he has hepititis which is clear displayed in the front bit. Also the guy who used to work there is doing tats i may be able to get you a good deal :)

I have to ask. How did he get hep? The blood from the tattoo needle landed on an open cut?? Just seems a bit weird.

I have to ask. How did he get hep? The blood from the tattoo needle landed on an open cut?? Just seems a bit weird.

I have no idea

UPDATE

met him a good few months back. the shop flooded so he had to renovate the premises, you'll notice the shop has been painted and that. however physically he wasnt looking to clever, on injections or something to help him with his hepatitus. probably closed alot because he hasnt got it the energy or drive anymore.

as for contracting, any tattooist will be pricked by the needle while they work, every single one no matter how carefull they are, if a person getting tattood had hep and then small amount of blood could have transferred from the needle, but im no doctor so i dont know if that small amount would lead someone to getting hep

:)