aberdeen-music

Wednesday 29th July - 45 A-Side Records Presents...

A last minute affair but i'm up in Aberdeen at the moment so why the hell not.

INDIAN|RED|LOPEZ on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Surely you all know them by now, a successful first EP release and full UK tour have helped plant this band firmly at the top of the Aberdeen scene. Recent supports include Union of Knives and Dananananaykroyd.

Katerwaul on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

My favourite Aberdeen band. A blend of soothing vocals and dramatic post-rock. Just back from doing a couple of dates with Kent based Codes in the Clouds to celebrate the release of their first album.

Winter in Siberia on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

New Aberdeen band consisting of ex-members of Dedalus and Kartta. Their first ever show at the Moorings has been the receipt of much praise. Come and see what its all about.

The Tunnels

Wednesday 29th of July

8pm Doors

Poster will follow...

Guest idol_wild
Aye, well Philip can fuck off if he's not playing then!

Fine, I will. I was going to come down and lend my support and do loads of "whoops" and claps inbetween songs.

Now I'll stay at home.

had an ace time tonight, thanks to sam for putting us on and to scott for being a great soundman. tunnels are gonna miss him a lot.

milne and katerwaul were brilliant as always. only caught the first two irl songs which were fraught with crackly mic difficulties but still pretty good.

Just manged to scrape myself out of bed. What an awesome night. Milne was charismatic and punctual as ever. Really fucking enjoyed Winter In Siberia's set. They still had that fresh band look about them just minus the slackness. I've never seen a band so tight on their second gig.

I enjoyed out set. Not practiced or even played since that glasgow show last month but managed to hold it together long enough. Forgot the chorus to one of our songs which was a bit embarrassing.

Indian Red Lopez were great. A few technical difficulties but they've got soooo much going on it sounded massive!

Went to tasty tattie for a chicken with Sam then off to defrost the freezer in my old flat ready for getting my deposit back... I wish. So fucking rock and roll!

Cheers to Sam for putting it on Muchos Kudos!

Yeah last night was pretty decent.

Steve was great, a far better guitar player solo than he comes accross with Little Kicks.

Winter In Siberia - thought they had a few timing issues at the start of the 2nd track but overall it was pretty good. Think if they really work at it they oculd have a good thing going on. One thing that struck me though was that the style of music would benefit from some harmony work between the vocals, but I'm sure they've thought of that themselves.

Katerwaul - cracking. Loud as fuck!

Indian Red Lopez - chronic. major sound issues at the start and throughout marred the night for all of us and we were pretty deflated by the end of it. Roll on Saturday and we can get it out of our system.

Cheers to Sam for the slot though, and was quite impressed with the turnout overall.

I really enjoyed the bands last night too.

It was good to see Dave Officer again. The last track they played was mega. Affa good.

Katerwaul were fucking great too. Going to buy to the album....like....today.

Yeah, the technical difficulties were rather annoying, and too be honest kinda threw us all off our game.

Big thank you to Sam for putting on a great night!

Boom!

Winter In Siberia - thought they had a few timing issues at the start of the 2nd track but overall it was pretty good. Think if they really work at it they oculd have a good thing going on. One thing that struck me though was that the style of music would benefit from some harmony work between the vocals, but I'm sure they've thought of that themselves.

i'd need to be able to sing to do harmonies! :up:

It was a pretty good night, turnout was decent for a hastily arranged show on a weeknight. Good effort.

Milne was in fine voice, Winter In Siberia were great. They seemed more relaxed after getting the first gig out of the way and the vocal performances and onstage energy were all the better for it. Just need more material and they'll start to soar.

It's the first time I'd seen Katerwaul since they'd not long became Katerwaul. I was impressed, especially with the acapella bit at the end of the first song. Very cool. Some of the stuff possibly went on a little long, the final song in particular was trying my patience. Great ending though, just wish it had kicked back in sooner.

Left before IRL I'm afraid.

Really good night all round. I even enjoyed soundchecking, thanks Scott!

It was the first time I had seen any of the bands on the bill. I enjoyed Steven Milnes set, some nice acoustic work going on there. Some good banter too.

I enjoyed playing a lot more than my static on stage presence would probably suggest, still a little bit nervous but I thought the sound onstage was superb. We all had a ball.

Katerwaul were brilliant, great songs and energy. I loved the vocal breakdown bit. I was going to start quizzing Tim on his pedals but managed to stop just in time!

I only saw a couple IRL songs as I had an early start at work but I was impressed by the size of the sound, extra thanks to their bass player who helped me carry my gear in. You are a gent.

I've not really been overly thrilled by The Little Kicks stuff I've heard but I enjoyed Steven's set. More so than the last time I saw him but that was at a leaving party thing rather than a proper gig and I think the sound was better. I like the fact that he chucks in cover versions without any shame at all, more bands should do that in my opinion. His voice really reminds me of someone and I can't figure out who. He mentioned Jonathan Richman as well, I haven't listened to my JR albums in an age as they've been packed away since moving house, a revival is in order...

Winter in Siberia's set went fairly well I thought, other than the amazing travelling ride cymbal during the last tune, that was somewhat of a pest.

Early start this morning meant I couldn't stay till the end but I saw 3/4 Katerwaul songs and enjoyed them. I agree with songs being a bit long comment. I think I gave a similar assessment of their last CD release.will try and pop into One Up and buy the new one later.

I really liked Steven Milne, he seemed a bit out of sorts after having to get up quickly after his disco nap, but I was really impressed by his set.

Winter in Siberia were great for a new band, loads of promise there IMO.

I was impressed with Katerwaul's acapella bit, but I guess their style just isn't my cup of tea.

Didn't stay for IRL cos I'm old and can't hack the pace.

Guest idol_wild

I caught the end of Steven Milne's set and it was perfectly delivered, as always.

Winter in Siberia were good; especially the full band segments - when the bass and drums kick in, it gets interesting and loud and immediate.

Due to a sudden attack of the sweats and some throwing up, I had to leave immediately after Winter in Siberia's set. Much to my chagrin.