aberdeen-music

Anyone know good websites for Vinyl

The_Tank

i mostly buy from:

no idea - No Idea Records - they have a really good distro and are pretty cheap

vinyl collective - Vinyl Collective Store

i don't know if you meant that you didn't want sites based in america [both of these are] but they are reliable and the staff are very helpful should a problem occur. i once ordered a specific colour from no idea but they ran out so they emailed me to ask if i wouldn't mind a different colour along with 20% of my next order! plus both places stick some free shit in with your parcel.

• Upvote 1

i mostly buy from:

i don't know if you meant that you didn't want sites based in america [both of these are] but they are reliable and the staff are very helpful should a problem occur. i once ordered a specific colour from no idea but they ran out so they emailed me to ask if i wouldn't mind a different colour along with 20% of my next order! plus both places stick some free shit in with your parcel.

I love the No Idea roster, but their quality control is fucking awful. I ordered some CD's from there and one of them was broken in half. The disc was literally snapped in half. How does that even happen? I sent it back to them and what did they send back in return? A completely different record from a differtent band. The disc inside the jewel case was actually completely different to the artwork on the front and back. The disc inside wasn't even a No Idea release. I think they really were just fucking with me. Maybe I was their millionth customer so they just wanted to play me for a prize tit. Nice one.

I also bought a True North shirt, which was printed on the shittiest material I have ever seen. It literally tore easier than paper. I explained this situation to them, and told them to only send another if my example was just one of a band bunch, but the replacement was still fragile and tore whilst taking it out of the jiffy bag. So, I was down about 8 quid in postage sending all this stuff back to them, and the final replacement? I am still waiting to be delivered after dozens of ignored emails. This was in 2007. Fuck No Idea.

i mostly buy from:

I found these to be very helpful, thanks again

I found these to be very helpful, thanks again

you should maybe try collective zine forums too. a lot of the time it's just obsucre emo or crust stuff, but there might be some stuff you're interested in. Second hand therefore good prices.