aberdeen-music

Random Musical Facts

Stephen

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan atom/weapon/loaded dropped is lucozade just outside of hmv yesterday. i saw him. from afar. :rolleyes:

It could have been l security guard from Virgin - i got stopped by him once and i could have sworn it was dan, plus he's always combing the streets between the shops in hope of catching a junkie thief. He's also got the biggest knife (probably illegal sized blade) in his pocket for ripping off security tags.

Fact: Dan Goldsworthy and l Virgin security guard were seperated at birth.

Edgar Wright. Lucky bastard.

too right he is.... :moody:

what more could you want in a woman? fucking gorgeous, talented, and plays guitar!!

i would hate to be called Edgar. same as i'd hate to be called Wayne....i wouldnt mind being Edgar Wright, though, solely because hes shagging charlotte..... :ding:

Guest pop-notmyface

also, Jonathan Davies played in an "art-rock" outfit called (coincidentally) SexArt, while Fieldy and Head played in a funk metal band called LAPD (Love And Peace Dude) all before korn was formed. hah. im good. :D

Nirvana nearly didn't even record Teen Spirit cos they thought it sounded too much like the Pixies. They played it at a show about a week before they went into the studio and everyone loved it so they recorded it.

Also, Kurt plays directly into the mixing desk, via a distortion pedal, in Territorial Pissings. Butch Vig was very much against the idea.

Green Day's Tre Cool's real name is Frank Erwin Wright III.

Rick Rubin produced Mel "Sporty Spice" C's solo album.

I've been in Kerrang!

I decided to listen to all my CDs listening for fart noises.

So far i have only investigated two CDs for this.

I thought Blink-182 would be a good place to start knowing their crude sense of humour. "Dude Ranch" was the first disc I listened too and on the song "Degenerate" you can hear Tom fart and say "s'cuse me".

Then I listened to "Pump Up The Valuum" by NOFX because they fart a lot too and that is a good CD anyway. At the very end of the song "Stranger than fishin" Mike farts but it's very quiet.

So far those are the only CDs I've listened too for fart noises and 2/2 ain't bad.

green days first drummer was a student of tre' cool's....

led zeppelins name comes from a joke by Keith moon of the who, who said the band would go down like a lead balloon....

keith also auditioned for the dummer part before the band was formed....but got turned down in favour of bonzo.

slash used to play guitar every now n then for michael jackson

steve vai used to play for david lee roth

eddie van halen had a jam with limp bizkit a couple years back, during their guitarist search.

zakk wylde nearly joined GNR.....

John Lennon stole a harmonica from a shop in Holland in 1960 and played the same one on the Beatles' early hits.

Dennis Wilson had the Manson family living at his California home just prior to the murder of Sharon Tate.

Charlie Manson auditioned for a part in the Monkees.

Shed 7 beat Oasis in a Battle of the Bands.

Elvis came third in an Elvis lookalike contest.

2 members of U2 are catholic, the other 2 are presbitarian.

eddie van halen initially played drums, his brother alex played guitar. they swapped over at some stage in their lives, and then formed van halen.

Joe Satriani apparently gave guitar lessons to Steve Vai and Kirk Hammett, amongst others.....

Rob Halford was the singer for Black Sabbath for only a matter of days.....

Bon Jovi was in Ally McBeal

the synth part at the start of Baba o Riley by the Who was made by Pete Townshend entering his vital statistics to a computer' date=' and plugging it into the synth, creating that noise, and looping it.....[/quote']

It wasn't Pete's statistics, it was the statistics of Meher Baba (Religious figure that Pete was into at the time) and Terry Riley (a musician that I think did alot with synths).